Driving Force Pro Wheel for a PC

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

Coopster

Driving Force Pro Wheel for a PC

Post by Coopster » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 pm

I know its possible to setup this wheel for a pc, but I would like to know if any of you guys out there use this wheel, and if so , was it hard to setup? (I think I read this somwhere here before). Im not sure if I need 900 degress of rotation. (leno help me out here) or if this wheel is any better. Im not sure if my good old red momo will last the "offseason" testing.

in case your wondering what it is:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... ENTID=7226

*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:44 pm

Well...the 900 degree thing only works with gamesthat support it, at least that's what it says on the web page.

Since it is a Logitec, I would assume you could use the utility I used to calibrate my MS wheel, as IT was from Logitec. DXTweek2. I assume this is a standard USB connected product, right ?

Coopster

Post by Coopster » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 pm

correct you use wingman software (which I have) and the wheel is usb. Im going to check out one first to see if i like it.

*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

Philoctetes
ECCI Yuppie

Post by Philoctetes » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:42 am

My only concern with the wheel is that it always felt lightweight, cheap, and plasticky when I would wrap my hands around a display model. I've never used it in a game, though.

I never met an apex I didn't like... to miss.

Coopster

Post by Coopster » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:35 am

Philoctetes wrote:My only concern with the wheel is that it always felt lightweight, cheap, and plasticky when I would wrap my hands around a display model. I've never used it in a game, though.
which "mass produced" wheel dosent! ::): The black momo wheel feels the same way! Thats one thing ill miss about the red momo! (which I plan to take apart again, to maybe replace the bad parts) Plus look at all the extra buttons you get!

*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:19 pm

The MS wheel is not as plastic feeling as what is currently on the stores shelves, so I've stuck with it.