Dual axis with BRD pedals

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

Ultimo_Posto
Alpaca Farmer

Dual axis with BRD pedals

Post by Ultimo_Posto » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:26 pm

It turns out that my old Digital Edge F1 Sim wheel/pedals are actually made by BRD. They are outstanding quality but I shoved them in the cupboard when the steering wheel pot gave out. I have decided to resurrect them with a view to making a rudementary cockpit. Apart from replacing the pot, I need to figure out how to make the pedals dual axis. The pedals have separate pots but they use the gameport interface and I can't find any way to get them on separate axes. It turns out that BRD sell a replacement circuit board that is USB and dual axis, but their website is vague on what parts will work with what I have. I sent them this email. If anybody can find any more info, let me know.
Hi

I have a gameport version of the Digital Edge F1 Sim. It is about 10 years old. I love the product but the pedals seem to be single axis. Can you please tell me if there is a way to make the pedals dual axis? The PCB has a part number of "Z310-601003 ISSUE2". It has no jumpers but it has 2 unused jacks near the pots. If I cannot modify the pedal set to be dual axis, can I can upgrade it to dual axis? In your online shop, Part Number BRD0040 (Pedal Circuit Board) is the only board available. Will that work with my pedals and make them dual axis?

If I can get dual axis then I'll be investing in some new pots.

Thanks,
Image Image
These are the pedals, with and without the circuit board cover

Image Image
Roughly what the wheel looks like. Mine is all black. It has hand stitched leather.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:38 am

There are Game Port to USB adapters out there. Have you tried one ? I think that a software/driver change would be what you need to go dual axis. I'm fairly certain that the game port has a separate line for each control. I'll have to double check.

Pifive

Post by Pifive » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:50 am

Was that made in the 1800s? , It looks like a Spyker steeringwheel...

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41 am

But it looks SOLID.

Ultimo_Posto
Alpaca Farmer

Post by Ultimo_Posto » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:45 am

Er redet immer Scheißdreck.