Help

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

J-DOG

Help

Post by J-DOG » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:22 pm

I have gone to rfactorcentral and paid the $40 downloaded the program. They sent me the activ. code. when I try to log in it says the names dont match anything. I had to get the new cpu. when I loaded on my lap top I got the BMW car but then on the new cpu I loaded and got a GT car or something. How do I change it? I am confused, I can get a car at a track but I cant get on rfactorcentral. It wont let me log on I asked the support site and they said they dont run the web site. I clicked on the link they gave me but it wouldnt let me log in. What am I doing wrong?

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:31 pm

I am a bit confused, really.

This is where you BUY the program:
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

Not rFactorcentral. ( Unless they have a link there too. But I haven't seen it. )

You can download it and then, after you pay for it, you get a code to unlock it. Once you do that, you would use the same code on your desktop PC or your laptop. They let you install it more than once. If you installed it the same way on both computers, you will have the exact same thing on both computers.

If you install different mods on each, you will have different cars to choose from. Once you load a mod, it will become the default cars for your game. You need to go and select the original ones, if you want to drive them. Or any OTHER mod for that matter. It's all under the first menu, on the left side of the screen.

I'm not sure about your problems with the rFactor central site. You create a user and a password for THAT site, which is completely separate from www.rfactor.net.

To race with other people, "online", you must select the last button on the left side and choose "Join". If you have an anti-virus program and/or firewall, you may need to set them up to allow you to connect to the remote computer, which will try to connect to yours.

J-DOG

hELP

Post by J-DOG » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:03 pm

ok I see now there are two sites. I did get the rFactor through rcentral. The get credit for the sale. I am now able to login to rcentral. How do I get the f-bmw. Do i get it on central or rfactor. Thanks

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 pm

J-DOG

Help

Post by J-DOG » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 pm

Thanks, thats where i went but it said I had reached my down load limit for the day. I havent downloaded anthing today. Do we have to buy the cars each time we want a new one?

Hynee
Judging Panel Member

Re: Help

Post by Hynee » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:01 pm

J-DOG wrote:Thanks, thats where i went but it said I had reached my down load limit for the day.
Try our downloads, if the version numbers are the same chances are it's compatible with what everyone else is using.
J-DOG wrote:I havent downloaded anthing today. Do we have to buy the cars each time we want a new one?
Yeah, but there's a cheat. You get the series you want, go into a test session, type "ISI_BABYFACTORY" (no quotes) into the chat box, and exit immediately. It gives you 1 billion credits, and you own all the cars.
||||||| Hynee |||||||

Hynee
Judging Panel Member

Post by Hynee » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Oops, just added Formula BMW vehicle mod to our downloads, 2nd one down:

http://www.fihsf1.net/modules.php?name= ... oad&cid=26
||||||| Hynee |||||||

J-DOG

Thanks

Post by J-DOG » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:26 pm

you guys are vary cool, I am looking forward to playing. Thanks again

Rocco