Game

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

J-DOG

Game

Post by J-DOG » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:26 am

Well I am almost there. I have my wheel up and runing and I have the rFactor game going. I have been running at Toben. Last night I saw some one testing on the server. When I tryed to log on to watsh it wouldnt accept my user and p/w. Then I went through the game and tryed to log on and it said the game dident match. Can any one help with this Thanks.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:58 am

Last night, I had a session open at Lime Rock. But there is no name or password required.

While you do have a name and passowrd to login to our forums, that is completely separate from the races and other online sessions.

If you launch rFactor and click the join button, you will see all the available sessions. The ones with a lock icon require a password. Those withOUT one, do not.

None of our Tuesday "Open" sessions will have a password. Our official F1 races, when the season begins WILL have a password. We will let all the members know what that is before the race.

J-DOG

Game

Post by J-DOG » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:32 pm

I did go to rFactor, I clicked join and clicked on Fihs and it said the game version diden match. I would like to practice with the same set up that you race with, how can I get all this working. Thanks

Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:39 pm

J-Dog,

In order to play with us in our current series you will need the following things

Limerock Racetrack (I believe this is a stock ISI Track, so you should already have it)
FormulaBMW mod - (The mod we are currently using to race with)
Version 1250 patch - (Not sure if your version came with this already, but if it doesn't, you can get the patch from www.rfactorcentral.com) An easy way to check, is to start Rfactor, and in the bottom left corner it will have the version number visible.

If you are unable to join the server, you are probably missing one of the above three items.

J-DOG

Game

Post by J-DOG » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:01 am

I am a bit lame when it comes to moving/finding files. I tryed to down load the 1250 patch. It said it was going to the temp file but I dont see it there. When I ran the down load it said it couldent find rFactor and to place the update in the root rFactor directory. I cant find any of this. Any Ideas?

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 am

Perhaps we can start at the begining.

Go here: http://www.rfactor.net/?page=downloads

Find the download site that is closest to you.
right-click on the file and TELL it where you'd like to download it. For simplicity, tell it to download to your desktop.
Now that you know where it is, you can double click on it and follow the instructions on the screen.

J-DOG

Got the game but no track

Post by J-DOG » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:14 am

So I have the 1250 now but I dont Have the Limerock track. Rfactor says I have used my down load for today. I guess I have to wait for tomarrow? I want to thank all for the help.