Recording Replay

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

Ricardo Gonzalez

Recording Replay

Post by Ricardo Gonzalez » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:54 pm

This year, I'd really love to record my qually laps for the races and post them on youtube. I have fraps which is what I think most people use to record.

The only problem is, when the replays get saved in rFactor, they don't have the little tach with the throttle/brake inputs, or the kers and drs.

Anyone know a way that I can incorporate that into the replay without live recording my qually laps? That wouldn't be an option cause it slightly lags whenever I try to do it.
FiHS F1 Career Statistics:

Starts: 42
Wins: 14
Podiums: 27
Poles: 17

"If everything seems under control, your just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: Recording Replay

Post by JohnW » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:22 pm

All the add-ons are just that. rFactor only knows what IT puts out in the replay it records. I would think you need something that captures what ever video is heading out the video card.

In other words, I have no idea.

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

This is purely a guess but director_overlay.ini in the C:\Program Files\rFactor\Plugins\rfDynHUD\config folder could be what you are looking for. Back it up and and copy paste your normal overlay.ini to it. The director_overlay.ini could be the one you see in replays. But it could also not be...

Another suggestion would be to record your lap right after you are finished but you would have to be quick to get it recorded before the session changes. To do it fast enough, you should set replay time back further than the 20 normal seconds (default) to the number of seconds you think you'll run in for that track, +5. The overlay_monitor_big.ini file controls what you see when you click on the little monitor to make it big.
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Podiums: 48

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

Ricardo Gonzalez

Post by Ricardo Gonzalez » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Where do I find the normal overlay.ini?
FiHS F1 Career Statistics:

Starts: 42
Podiums: 27

"If everything seems under control, your just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:01 pm

All the plugin overlays are in :

"...\rFactor\Plugins\rfDynHUD\config "