FiHS file saver

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

Kiwi

FiHS file saver

Post by Kiwi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:56 pm

hey guys

As the title says, but mine, didnt save any of our Qualify/Race, I spoke with few of you on TS,about it :)
any ideas?

Kiwi

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: FiHS file saver

Post by JohnW » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:43 am

Check your e-mail.

Do you have Win XP or Win 7 ? Where the files and folders need to be are a little different.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 am

JohnW wrote:Check your e-mail.

Do you have Win XP or Win 7 ? Where the files and folders need to be are a little different.
Win 7
That file, you sent me, I have a file , in an earlier email, from you ,to get me up an running for the league,
So to check if the one I have is correct, I'll send you that file,to check,I have the latest up to date file.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

I haven't changed the file version is a LONG time, so I'm sure it's OK. The issue is getting Win 7 to play nice. I think it has to do with file rights and where you installed rFactor.

HELLO any of you Win 7 guys that have the standard plugin working. Give Kiwi and hand !!!

Worst case, I can send you the beta version of another checker that I wrote, but I still need to change the encryption, so the file doesn't get huge and slow down your game.

stuff

Post by stuff » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I've found the easy way to deal with this in win 7 is just to run rfactor as administrator, then it has the privs to write the files wherever it chooses.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 pm

stuff wrote:I've found the easy way to deal with this in win 7 is just to run rfactor as administrator, then it has the privs to write the files wherever it chooses.
No, luck, still wont save any file, in weekend mode,our raceday mode in game.

anyways,I've uninstalled the mod an Rfactor, I'm now doing a fresh install.
So to be exact on d/loads an exact procedure to install

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4623
Number 1 complete
Number 2: doing

same post, do I need this as well? >
Number 3: I have created a COVER ALL - ALL IN ONE update for all updates so that new guys only

last update/download/install
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4234
Number 4: above to do
Number 5: Track, also to do

Is this,the above correct?

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 pm

For Win XP, the step about installing the plugin and choosing what buttons to setup for KERS and DRS is not needed. Just put the FiHS.dll file in the plugins folder and make the FiHS folder in the LOG folder, under your UserData folder. I have to leave the Win 7 stuff to the guys that use it.

The only mod files you need are in the " Only file you need " download. I zipped up a completely updated version off of my computer. Since you have not gotten ANY server mismatches, you obviously had it right. The ONLY issue is the plugin and making sure it can write to files. I wish I could tell you where Win 7 WANTS this file to be, but I didn't write that plugin. If you're using the copy of the FiHS file I sent, make sure you can view the file extensions and remove the ".off" part off the end. It must be simply "fihs.dll".

stuff

Post by stuff » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:41 pm

It might be worthwhile to search your computer for *.fbf just in case it is writing the log files, but to some directory you're not familiar with.

There should also be a FiHSPlugin.ini in your main rfactor directory, opening that in notepad should tell you where the plugin is trying to write files. I would check that what it has in there for the "Log Dir" is an actual place on your HD and that your user account has write privileges to it.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 am

JohnW wrote:For Win XP, the step about installing the plugin and choosing what buttons to setup for KERS and DRS is not needed. Just put the FiHS.dll file in the plugins folder and make the FiHS folder in the LOG folder, under your UserData folder. I have to leave the Win 7 stuff to the guys that use it.

The only mod files you need are in the " Only file you need " download. I zipped up a completely updated version off of my computer. Since you have not gotten ANY server mismatches, you obviously had it right. The ONLY issue is the plugin and making sure it can write to files. I wish I could tell you where Win 7 WANTS this file to be, but I didn't write that plugin. If you're using the copy of the FiHS file I sent, make sure you can view the file extensions and remove the ".off" part off the end. It must be simply "fihs.dll".
Just to be sure, I'm doing a fresh install, an yes thats the file,I had (check your email) :D

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 am

stuff wrote:It might be worthwhile to search your computer for *.fbf just in case it is writing the log files, but to some directory you're not familiar with.

There should also be a FiHSPlugin.ini in your main rfactor directory, opening that in notepad should tell you where the plugin is trying to write files. I would check that what it has in there for the "Log Dir" is an actual place on your HD and that your user account has write privileges to it.
cheers, Win 7 , unchecked hidden file, check the Fihs file tyre fbf producer (at least a dozen times) I retried in race weekend in game mod.
zip,nothing found, for some reason, the one I have or win 7 is causing it too
(a) not save the files,at all.
(b) Or win 7 is saving files in another file format

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 am

I have win7 ultimate and I had to create the FiHS folder inside the the "USERDATA/LOG" folder first then point the FiHSSetup to that when I ran it.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Higpup wrote:I have win7 ultimate and I had to create the FiHS folder inside the the "USERDATA/LOG" folder first then point the FiHSSetup to that when I ran it.
My FiHs Setup was direct to the same folder, I assumed,it was saving the right files,not thinking it was saving the wrong files or not saving them what so ever.
When,I checked my RF Fihs game folders, imo it was saving the files as per normal *race weekend mode test/s done* checked it was saving files, seeing it was, but not aware the files, that are required or the files that the setup saves are meant to be fbf files.

~Problem solved~ The fbf files are now saving.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm

I just read that last bit twice. Still confused about what changed or what was going on. As long as you have a Qual and Race file to send me, from now on, I'm happy.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm

JohnW wrote:I just read that last bit twice. Still confused about what changed or what was going on. As long as you have a Qual and Race file to send me, from now on, I'm happy.
No idea, to be honest, but anyway, it is saving fbf files, so I'm happy as well ::):