Bring out...the COMFY Chair !

Got a problem with your sim software or your PC? Start here

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Bring out...the COMFY Chair !

Post by JohnW » Sat May 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Well,

All Python references aside, I think I need a new computer desk chair. Of course, I will be racing in it. No, I'm not getting a real racing seat and bolting it to the base of my existing one. Are any of you sitting in something cool, right now ?

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Re: Bring out...the COMFY Chair !

Post by JoshJ81 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I just went down to office depot and sat in a bunch to figure it out. I do know this, when doing my art or racing, I like to get in close to the desk so I have my tools in close to me. With that in might, I wish I would have pick a seat with adjustable (up and down) arm rest or no arm rest at all.
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 pm

JohnW wrote:Well,

All Python references aside, I think I need a new computer desk chair. Of course, I will be racing in it. No, I'm not getting a real racing seat and bolting it to the base of my existing one. Are any of you sitting in something cool, right now ?
I no need lumber support (cushion in behind me) Ol' age

how do I upload an image or attachment ?
*the img input thing here, isnt working for me, or more to the point, I dont know how to use it correctly ::):

post awaiting my edit: then, pic of my rig, awaits detailed how to added it here :)

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Just bracket the URL of the image with the URL /URL things.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm

JohnW wrote:Just bracket the URL of the image with the URL /URL things.
Its on my computer, so a url or the url here, isnt working for me, unless there is another way to do it?

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I have to put an equal sign after first url and before bracket and past link there then between URL type what you want to show up up or paste link again.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon May 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Higpup wrote:I have to put an equal sign after first url and before bracket and past link there then between URL type what you want to show up up or paste link again.
=C:\Users\OEM\Pictures=
nope, they are both jpg, if that matters

I think you might be trying to link to something on your OWN computer and not out on the internet.
[url=link]clickable text[/url] If you're linking to a url

At least that's the only way I've gotten it to show up, for a link to another page or something.

Image I do like this: [img]http://www.higpup.com/FiHS/2013/Monaco.jpg[/img ] <- extra space after last g before last bracket to get it to show up as text and not just show image.

Notice image is uploaded to my web site, so it's basically just a link to that image.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 am

Post the url of the uploaded image. Obviously, one on your PC isn't going to work.

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Tue May 28, 2013 2:36 pm

JohnW wrote:Post the url of the uploaded image. Obviously, one on your PC isn't going to work.
I dont know how :oops: :? :oops:
If there was add attachments, I know how to do that easy computer task ::): :mrgreen:

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 pm

If the picture is hosted some where on the WWW, all you need to do is find it, and when you are looking at it, right click and choose " View Image". That will get you the most direct address. Copy that from the address bar on your browser and use THAT in the forum between the Img /Img things.

If it's NOT hosted, we don't provide that service. My server might fill up with STUFF !