2018 Race Comments Monaco ( Spoiler Alert )

Everything to do with the real McCoy goes here

Moderators: Higpup, Koolbrown, Pace Racing

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

2018 Race Comments Monaco ( Spoiler Alert )

Post by JohnW » Mon May 28, 2018 11:11 am

This years Monaco GP was interesting, if not terribly action packed. I guess it all came down to how well you managed your tires. I guess it also showed that you can win with a slow car, if your MGU-K module fails 18 laps into the race. But, because the Red Bull just handled better than the rest, no one could get close enough to pass. Both Ferrari and Mercedes had tire wear issues that kept them slow too. At the start, the commentators speculated that a 1 stopper was what some teams were shooting for. It looked like the tires really weren't up to that, but , no one wanted to risk loosing track position to get faster.

I was really happy for Ricciardo. He deserved it for this year AND two years ago.

Ruben Miranda

Re: 2018 Race Comments Monaco ( Spoiler Alert )

Post by Ruben Miranda » Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello
Happy for Ricardo nice job handling a broke car.

But I agree with Alonso that was the most boring race I have ever seen.

Any other time in history they would have pounded on red bull till he either made a mistake or the car blew up.

Instead they all decided 2 or 3 is good enough no risk no victory.

Ruben
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: 2018 Race Comments Monaco ( Spoiler Alert )

Post by JohnW » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Brazilian GP:

That amount of floor damage had THAT big of a change ? Often we see cars lose something and still go fast. This time, it was the difference between catching and passing vs. very slowly catching and not getting close enough. I was hopping to see Max take that one, and it would have been cool to get Daniel in the podium, but he wasn't able to get around Kimi.