The Vintage F1 Series for 2019

Discussion/Results for our come-as-you-are competitions.

Moderators: Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: The Vintage F1 Series for 2019

Post by JohnW » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks, Bill. I'll see where I change that.

Parce Ferme should be off, now.

Jeff Oppenheim

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:33 am

Well, I had a blast last night at Brazil.
Driving the '91's is pure pleasure.
And Thomas and I had a great contest.

Bet the word's gonna get out on this series!
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Michael Delaney, "Le Mans"

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 am

Hello
Yes This is a great series.

I made a couple mistakes but still had some great laps even though was running in 8th.
Can not wait for the next one.

John can we try a rain race on one of these races ?

Ruben M.
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

dave carney

Post by dave carney » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:41 am

Thrilling!

Was not expecting to be on pole or win but hey! held on for it. Was the grid order correct at the start? I thought Bill was 2nd? I was confused on 1st lap or so then just started going for it. Almost 1/2 way Otto was bearing down he pits then i pit a lap later and Glyn is flying. I come out ahead of otto then a few laps later Glyn is in and is now in 3rd.
Passing is hard here. On lap 25 We caught a lapped car which I made contact with and ultimately took Otto out. surely a blueflag was waving and It seemed you were going to stay left off the line but then moved over at last second I had no where to go but rear end you. That was intense racing with Glyn after that until his engine blew and I was able to breathe again.

great race guys!

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:36 pm

I apologize for the race mixup. I had missed setting the warmup session back to daytime, so I had to shut off the rF2 server and fix the json file. Then the command to load a batch to reset the grid didn't work. A quick google search about it showed rF2 changed something. I didn't have time to find out why, as the warmup session was counting down. Then the editgrid command was hit and miss. Some would get placed and others would not. It was a cluster and a half. I have some ideas to keep this from happening again, but I am sorry it messed up some drivers. Like Bill.

I'll make race folders in the forum for the rest of you to discuss the race. Maybe we can use this thread to setup official teams, if you guy want to go that route. I don't think anyone is going to pry Otto out of the Ferrari, though. Love and first sound, I think. So, other than team Ferrari, if you want to make an official team, state so, in this thread. I see nothing brewing at SRH.

rtoolooze

Post by rtoolooze » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:33 am

I'm real sorry Dave about that, it all happened so fast. I Think I was too busy mirror watching, and for a split second did know what corner I was approaching and just like a dummy, put my car right in your path. Other then that, I had some off's, but the real surprise was how heavy the car was with all the fuel. Much harder to drive at the start. Anyway, I still had fun and look forward to the next race!

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 pm

I like the cars. It's a different driving style. Gob smacked that the fast guys did the laps they did on basically the default setup. Just highlights the what ever it is I'm doing wrong.

The race didn't go that well for me, so when some moron got on team speak and was broadcasting something on an open mic, I had no problem pulling over and muting " Black " in TS. I wish I had thought to check their IP first. I suspect I could block them from getting on in the future. I could possibly also ask Janos to compare the IP with all of his guys and see if there was a match.

It was nice to be able to use my admin powers for good instead of evil.

Adam Freitas

Post by Adam Freitas » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:14 pm

I was just glad to make it to the race. And wow they are fun and fragil. I found out that about lap 3 when I shifted down too soon and the engine went silent. I better leave the rpms lower next time.
Yeah if the time is moved to 6:30pm est, we should make sure to invite Roberto scime and Theo E. They may join us from over seas. Can you confirm that John?

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:42 pm

I don't think I would move to 3:30pm Pacific ( 6:30 Eastern ) unless everyone voted to. I would need to have Janos change his forum graphic, too. Personally, I would mind. I just don't want to lose some drivers to gain some drivers.

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:04 pm

The issue I have with racing at 6:30 PM on a Sunday if that the summer is approaching and we have family gathering and other stuff going on most Sundays. I should be able to make every race at 9:30 PM but I would be hard pressed to do so any earlier than that.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti

rtoolooze

Post by rtoolooze » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 pm

My situation is the same as Otto.