Official Results for round 11 - Hungary

This is where Online Results would... result. Online.

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Philoctetes, Koolbrown

Pace Racing
Godfather

Post by Pace Racing »

Unfortunately I didn't see an option to change the practice start time, just the race start time. We did announce that the race was going to have overcast skies before hand, so everyone had time to try it before the actual race, it just doesn't sound like many people did. The server was also always set to a 6 am race start, so it could have been advanced to the race session during a test, but again I don't think anyone did that.
Steven_M
Site Admin

Post by Steven_M »

1. Pace Racing
2. Josh
3. CKS
4. Paul Valentine
5. C2F
6. Koolbrown
7. Marco Polo
8. JohnW

Updated to reflect these results and are final.
Drivers Championship:

1. Merlin - 72 points
2. RacerScott - 50 points
3. Pace Racing - 49 points
4. MarcoPolo - 49 points
5. Mauricio - 31 points
6. Ian - 27 points
7. JoshJ81 - 25 points
8. cks - 24 points
9. Oculus Dexter - 24 points
10. Ultimo_Posto - 11 points
11. Akuma - 11 points
12. John65Stang - 10 points
13. Scott Brown - 10 points
14. Daniel Johnson - 8 points
15. Paul Valentine - 8 points
16. C2F - 7 points
17. Pete - 6 points
18. Boomer - 3 point
Constructors Championship:

1. McLaren - 78 points
2. Ferrari - 66 points
3. Scuderia Toro Rosso - 50 points
4. Renault - 49 points
5. HondaF1 - 49 points
6. BMW Sauber - 39 points
7. Toyota - 37 points
8. Spyker - 26 points
9. Williams - 16 points
10. Red Bull Racing - 15 points
- FiHS' Senior Contributor of Assholiery -

-- 2007 : 2009 FiHSF1 Series Champion --- 2007 : 2008 FiHSF1 Constructor's Championship Co-driver ---
-- V8 Supercar Series Champion --- Formula BMW Series Champion --- SRA FIA GT3 Series Champion --
--- FiHSF188 Series Champion --

- The bullshit stops, when the green flag drops. -- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -
MarcoPolo

Post by MarcoPolo »

Great battle for 2nd place.
C2F

Post by C2F »

"I wasn't too bothered with it. We used to have random weather, so you could move to the race and have it RAINING. We used to work on wet setups, before the race, just to be sort of prepared. You also had to pay attention to the air temps. You setup might be OK with temperate climates, but come race day, it could be a HOT one, and you had to be ready to open up the radiator and brakes ducts."

Is there a reason why the weather isn't set to random. Is it because "restart race weekend" could have totally different weather than what everyone is practicing prior to race? Just curious. Think would add unique dynamic to race weekend.

Congrats top 3

C2F
JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 »

C2F wrote:"I wasn't too bothered with it. We used to have random weather, so you could move to the race and have it RAINING. We used to work on wet setups, before the race, just to be sort of prepared. You also had to pay attention to the air temps. You setup might be OK with temperate climates, but come race day, it could be a HOT one, and you had to be ready to open up the radiator and brakes ducts."

Is there a reason why the weather isn't set to random. Is it because "restart race weekend" could have totally different weather than what everyone is practicing prior to race? Just curious. Think would add unique dynamic to race weekend.

Congrats top 3

C2F
Weather sounds fun and all... on paper but when it comes to racing for points and something like the whole field is taken out by lap 2 of a 50+ laps race, its just not fun. Just like our Fabcar race in LeMans, sure night racing sounded like fun but every race test we did no one survived and it was not fun to run by yourself.

Furthermore, we are lucky to get as many ppl as we do on a normal bases which isn't many IMO and most, such as myself(more than full time military job and part school), don't have that much time in the week to learn a new track and make a setup that is atleast comfortable to race around others and make, test, and get comfortable in wet conditions that MIGHT not even happen on race day. I'm very thankful to the admins for not including random weather and keeping the air and track temps fixed to 70 F.

Call me crazy but I like racing these incredible cars as fast as they can be driven in the best possible conditions. And I don't get paid enough FiHS bonus bucks to race in the rain. :P
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012
Pace Racing
Godfather

Post by Pace Racing »

Unfortunately we don't have the option to set the weather to variable. When we did do that, we were using F1C, which allowed it. It's amazing to have the changing weather conditions, but we also listen to our drivers like Josh, who may not have the time to work on a setup for every type of condition. Typically I went into a race with anywhere from 6-10 setups. This was because we would have to test at many different temperatures to ensure we had the correct tire pressures and radiator openings for differing temperatures, and then of course, you needed one for Q and one for R. Then you had to have several wet weather setups, also for Q and R. Let's just say that testing was a full time job. We've tried to lessen the work our drivers have to do in testing, which is why we were so keen to use parc ferme, which essentially allows you to make one setup, not two (Q and R). Should weather make it into rFactor, we could run rain races, but we would most likely do it like we did in 2004, where we actually announced a wet weather race before the race, based on what happened in the real F1 race.
Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown »

but we would most likely do it like we did in 2004, where we actually announced a wet weather race before the race, based on what happened in the real F1 race.
Obviosuly that would be difficult to do right now as our current schedule runs parallel to the real F1 Schedule.

If and when rain gets into rfactor we would have to look at whether or not there was even enough demand among the members to implement it.
Steven_M
Site Admin

Post by Steven_M »

Yeah personally I like rain races(and I even liked the night race at Le Mans alot), but the one thing I did not like about random weather was the changing temps, because that was constant adjusting. I mean setting up a rain setup isn't that much work, but when you constantly chasing the setup because its really hot one session then cooler, etc can be a pain.

Luckily with rFactor we don't have a choice, so hey no worries, but I do like rain races and hope we can do that in the future, because I remember the Indy race awhile back that was in the rain and that was a blast! :D
- FiHS' Senior Contributor of Assholiery -

-- 2007 : 2009 FiHSF1 Series Champion --- 2007 : 2008 FiHSF1 Constructor's Championship Co-driver ---
-- V8 Supercar Series Champion --- Formula BMW Series Champion --- SRA FIA GT3 Series Champion --
--- FiHSF188 Series Champion --

- The bullshit stops, when the green flag drops. -- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -
Pace Racing
Godfather

Post by Pace Racing »

I agree, the rain races are great. The rain modeling in F1C was very good, so I can imagine it would be insane in rFactor. I loved the way you could see the drying line around the track after the rain stopped, with great traction inside the dry line, but total wet grip offline.