2011 Championship Standings: Drivers

This is where Online Results would... result. Online.

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Philoctetes, Koolbrown

Koolbrown
Site Admin

2011 Championship Standings: Drivers

Post by Koolbrown » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:08 pm

While there is some judging issues being resolved, I can at make the finishing order for Bahrain official as no decisions will have an impact on the points scoring for that race.

Congrats to Pete on taking the bull by the horns in the season opener and notching his second win here at FIHSF1.
Last edited by Koolbrown on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Alaster

Post by Alaster » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 am

didn't i finish 11th? why are some DNF guys ahead of me?
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 am

All valid points :)
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

Ricardo Gonzalez

Post by Ricardo Gonzalez » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

I have a small suggestion, and maybe everyone else can chime in too and give their opinion. Instead of putting the amount of points in the boxes that we get at each GP like 25, 18, 15, etc.... why don't you replace that with the actual position we finished in? ie. just 1, 2, 3. Then just keep the actual points column to the right the same.

At least for me, it would be easier to read. I always find myself thinking for a second when I see how many points someone got for a race trying to figure out what position that equates to.

Like I said, i'd like to hear what other people think, maybe it's only me that thinks this :D
FiHS F1 Career Statistics:

Starts: 42
Podiums: 27

"If everything seems under control, your just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Ric have you cleared your Cache for this site yet? Do so if not, then you will be able to see a more detailed Championship window on the main forum page.

http://www.fihsf1.net/2011/results/Cham ... vents.html
FIHS F1 Career Stats

Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Ric,

The sheet here is a points tally, not neccesarily who finished first, second etc...The sheet ties in with the historical stats sheet that we use so its more tailored to that purpose. You will notice that I highlighted your 2 in Red. That is something new that I am trying to distinguish Pole so I can get the fastest lap and Pole stats from the last three season up to date.

Alaster,

Samething, The sheet doesn't really take into account who finished in what order outside the points. It simply sorts the points from highest to lowest.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Here's the secret, guys. ( Looks both ways )... While it looks like some cool graphic table, it's not. It's just an Excel spread sheet. The numbers on the right column need something to add up, which is the points you get for each race. If we put in where you finished, it would total THAT up, not your points.

As to Alaster's question ... until you get points for the sheet to sort on, you are going to stay where the creator of the sheet typed your name in, on day one. Once you get at least 1 point, you get sorted properly.

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:54 pm

JohnW wrote:Here's the secret, guys. ( Looks both ways )... While it looks like some cool graphic table, it's not. It's just an Excel spread sheet. The numbers on the right column need something to add up, which is the points you get for each race. If we put in where you finished, it would total THAT up, not your points.

As to Alaster's question ... until you get points for the sheet to sort on, you are going to stay where the creator of the sheet typed your name in, on day one. Once you get at least 1 point, you get sorted properly.
You can write the functions to say 'if 1=25' in other words, when you put position 1 in the tally, it will enter 25 on the end and be able to add as you go. Your a teacher, I thought you knew that John????? That way too, if someone has a dnf or greater then pos 10, it will recognize the value as '0'.

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Koolbrown wrote:Ric,

The sheet here is a points tally, not neccesarily who finished first, second etc...The sheet ties in with the historical stats sheet that we use so its more tailored to that purpose.
What I suggest will not affect or alter what you guys have done....

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I have to say, I really agree with Alaster on this one. Lets say we end the season ended today and John went off this "tally" for the 2012 driver selection. Then that means RS would get to pick well before Alaster does and RS didn't even finish a race.

If HRT, the real one, was so bad last year and didn't get one point then why did they not finish last in the standings? Because they have the tie breaking results. I think it's just as important to show the correct position for the guys that don't get points as it is for the guys that do get points. It's more than a position, its next year's picking order and pride of the results regardless if there is a lack of points. Otherwise, this looks like we don't care about backmarkers...

Lets take the time to do for the non points guys as we do for those that do get points.
FIHS F1 Career Stats

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm not a teacher, Mark, and I have rarely had reason to use Excel, oddly enough.

Josh, If the season ended now, and I added up all the stuff, Racer would not be placed in the picking order simply by where his name falls. I give points for Qualifying and Race Attendance as well. In this example, since Racer got P2 in qualifying, he would get 4 points. ( 5, 4, 3 ,2, 1 points for positions 1-5 ). I give a single point for showing up. I have not yet removed points for anything, like DNF or DNS. So, Alaster would get a point for attending, and Racer would get a total of 5 ( Q + Attendance ) . I suppose, if we ever had a championship so close that it came down to tie breakers, I would need to tally up DNFs.

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah but this man drove his ass off for 11th and wants to be shown 11th :P Can't say I don't blame him, excel can do anything we want and it seems Scott it giving his due.
FIHS F1 Career Stats

Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 am

Results from Australia are official...Apologies for the length of time it took, but this particular track requires a little more from the judging panel than most.

With RacerScott getting the win the top of our leader board is looking fairly crowded now. Pete did just enough to keep himself atop the leaderboard after two rounds, not bad for a Part Time racer.

If the battle between Ricardo and Racer Scott from Australia is any indication, the 2011 Championship is likely to come right down to the wire this year with as many as 5 guys able to stake a legitimate claim to the title.

Congrats to Racer, Ricardo and Josh on their hard earned podium finishes down under.

Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Reigning World Champion RacerScott was finally able to put the opening round DNF behind him and climb back to the top of the leader board for the first time this season.

He is joined at the top by Ricardo and Josh Jensen. Ricardo spent 44 laps attached to Racer's bumper in Malaysia and has clearly served noticed that if RS isn't on his game every Friday, Ricardo will be right there to capitalize.

Jensen on the otherhand continues to be a model of consistency and his steady approach has ensured that he will likely be a right in the mix until the end of the season in what looks to be a fantastic three-way fight for the title.

Its early yet though so perhaps a few of the guys on the outside looking in right now will find that little bit extra to bring the challenge to our top three.

If they hope to challenge, they will all need to bring a little something extra to our next race in China.

Koolbrown
Site Admin

Post by Koolbrown » Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Congrats to Ricardo who has siezed control of the 2011 WDC race after back to back wins.

Aplogies to all for the tardiness of getting the update out.....