Re: State of rFactor2

Post by JohnW » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I need tracks Ruben !

I'm getting the update. as I type.

stuff

Post by stuff » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

I spent some time going through the tracks posted in this torrent for rF2:

Australia Yes Couple minor flickering textures, otherwise good.
Malaysia Yes Included with rF2.
China No
Bahrain Yes No issues.
Spain No
Monaco No
Canada Yes Seems overly bumpy, but otherwise OK.
Great Britain Yes Old layout, otherwise OK.
Germany Yes Hockenheim looks good, no Nurburgring though.
Hungary No
Belgium Yes Trees are odd, but not in an overly distracting way, track is good.
Italy Yes Same tree issue as Spa, otherwise good.
Singapore No
Korea No
Japan No
India No
Abu Dhabi No
United States No
Brazil No

If anyone can fill in any of the missing tracks, let me know.

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Thank you Stuff!
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm

So we have 8 workable tracks for rF2.

Thank you , Stuff.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I am not opposed to starting the season with rF1 and ending up with rF2 when it becomes a viable sim to race with. That may happen soon or not yet this year. If the decision comes , I will put it to a vote.

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:50 pm

build 198 just released, head over and check it out, I think some of you might like what you see!
FIHS F1 Career Stats

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:07 am

Yea on paper the changelog looks AWESOME. in the sim.... well you decide....

Changlog:
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/r ... notes/#198
from the changelog-
"Re-enabled rain spray
Tweaked rain spray algorithm so that light spray doesn’t last as long as heavy spray
Adjusted minimum water depth to create rainspray
Narrow the rainspray slightly if car is only partly over wet track."

ummmm really, how did this manage to get past their "extensive testing"
my favorite are these show stoppers.....

Im sorry for the last 10 months ive been a fan boy even so much as defending the current state of the sim 'its a beta" but enough is enough these guys really need to get their act together already and fix what they promised and don't introduce anything new until you fix what you have. I fear with all the changes and bugs the reason more of us don't use this sim is because, well rF1 is still better.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:15 pm

That's some serious spray !

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Anyone messed with the new build? Thoughts? I can't wait till we switch over. These tracks just feel better. GPS seems to have improved but I still have some weird things going on. I've been messing around with the f1rft Lotus and the cars keep disappearing on me. My gfx are all maxed but the AI cars just drop out, sometimes I will see just the body of the car and the tires will be gone. Wtf? Anyone else having this issue? Ill post a pic later tonight

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Shabo wrote:Anyone messed with the new build? Thoughts? I can't wait till we switch over. These tracks just feel better. GPS seems to have improved but I still have some weird things going on. I've been messing around with the f1rft Lotus and the cars keep disappearing on me. My gfx are all maxed but the AI cars just drop out, sometimes I will see just the body of the car and the tires will be gone. Wtf? Anyone else having this issue? Ill post a pic later tonight
I have the, 218 build, havent found any F1 mods with track/s or a track pack to try yet.

P.S. Very nice siggy, how did you do that sig? Or did someone do it for you?

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 am

FIHS F1 Career Stats

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:03 am

They would probably get an explosion of clients if they would work on the physics of the thing first, before adding all the candy.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 am

Hello
If you guys are waiting or expecting a gold package it is not going to happen.
If it do's it might be years before that.
It will always have updates bug fixes and new content coming, Not only from ISI but from Modders to.

So gold or a final release with everything fixed and installed is not coming anytime soon as I can see or read.

The little time I have running it I do say I enjoy what they are doing and have done.

Ruben Miranda
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 am

Rf2 on paper is a great sim. On your computer, not so much. Like I keep saying to anyone that'll listen. ISI needs to finish the core game( physics and everything they said we would have by now) before they add more things to the sim. Kiwi there are several nice f1 mods out there, the thing that sucks is the physics aren't done on any of them as th core sim isn't done. The only good news is that they will be doing silverstone but I PRAY they actually laser scan the track instead of just their interpertation of what the track is like. That's one thing iRacing has going for them, every track they release is SPOT ON as every track they produce is from an actual laser scan of the track so if the bump is there in the game you can bet your first born that its there IRL. Kiwi. This sig I made myself with a little photoshop action ( I went to college to be a graphic designer, but never got past the 8th class, so I am a little dangerous but nowhere near good at it.). Glad you like it though :)

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Shabo wrote:Rf2 on paper is a great sim. On your computer, not so much. Like I keep saying to anyone that'll listen. ISI needs to finish the core game( physics and everything they said we would have by now) before they add more things to the sim. Kiwi there are several nice f1 mods out there, the thing that sucks is the physics aren't done on any of them as th core sim isn't done. The only good news is that they will be doing silverstone but I PRAY they actually laser scan the track instead of just their interpertation of what the track is like. That's one thing iRacing has going for them, every track they release is SPOT ON as every track they produce is from an actual laser scan of the track so if the bump is there in the game you can bet your first born that its there IRL. Kiwi. This sig I made myself with a little photoshop action ( I went to college to be a graphic designer, but never got past the 8th class, so I am a little dangerous but nowhere near good at it.). Glad you like it though :)
agreed, not that,I know a lot about physics an mod/cars/tracks .. I just enjoy trying them out :mrgreen:

I've resigned up to iRacing again, not sure why, I forgot, unless you want extra's its more $$, I just cant justify those extras , so its only the basics for me :D

I had a lil blast with the clio an F3 mod, I quite like the F3 cars , well my ability to handle/predict which way they would slide out, an managing to correct it an keep it going forward.
Wish, I was as talented, but I'm not ::):