State of rFactor2

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

Ruben Miranda

Re: State of rFactor2

Post by Ruben Miranda » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello

Shabo Worte:
The only good news is that they will be doing silverstone but I PRAY they actually laser scan the track instead of just their interpertation of what the track is like. That's one thing iRacing has going for them, every track they release is SPOT ON as every track they produce is from an actual laser scan of the track so if the bump is there in the game you can bet your first born that its there IRL.
Well sorry but don't pray or wish or bet.
ISI do's not will not be doing laser scan tracks, Tim posted the why's and Why nots but can not find it now.
In anycase they are not doing laser scan tracks.

As far as physics I have tried many or there released cars and tracks and I have liked them.
I did a few races a week or 2 back with some friends with the Marrissa F1 and it was great fun to drive.
But I am no physics guy but I liked it more then any f1 mod I have driven in the past. And I have driven tried plenty.

As always a matter of taste and what we want like or think it should be like.

Ruben
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Yea I read the same thing but thy wont stop some third party from doing it. Its a shame because there ate dozens of the same tracks out there and not a single one can hold up to the quality of the tracks iRacing has come out with. I'm not a fan of the maurisio f1 or any of ISIs formula X cars. They all seem way off compared to others, almost like u r driving on ice, or changes u make to the set don't have the effect on the car like they should. I like the f1ligue's mod the most as he has put tons of work into it and out of them all it seems the most complete. Looking forward to him updating it. All in all rf2 is going to be nice, if its ever finished. But by then the next sim will be out and blowing rf2 away.

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Hello

Shabo Wrote:
Yea I read the same thing but thy wont stop some third party from doing it.
Not to be argumentative If I am I am not attending to be.
But do you really think a 3rd party modder or game designer is going to pay out that much money to do lazer scan tracks.
I highly doubt it specifically when there is not much of a difference between lazed and not.
I have tried and raced on both and the difference is not a big enough issue (For me) The quality was just as good and could not complain.

As for Iracing I have not tried it but have heard plenty of bad and good as I have about Rfactor 12 and 2 and every other sim out there.

It all falls on what the person expects and wants and is willing to overlook one thing or another.

Ruben
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 pm

yep your last sentence hits the nail on the head. to each is own right?
I am preferential to iRaping, yes I RAPING ( hate the cost, otherwise its top notch) for the tracks but not so much for the cars because over there it seems like all they do is r and d on oval cars and tracks, nothing happening other then wreckfests on the road side usually. But yea I think that someone with access to a laser scanner and a track for a few days will eventually scan a track. You know how many little tracks are out there in peoples neighborhood that would allow it for free just because it would get their name out there? I think we'd all be surprised. I read about 7 years ago when iracing was still in r n d that the only reason tracks were charging them over 10k to scan the track is because iraping was turning around and charging for the additional content. I could get a contact I have a road America to do some digging and see what he comes up with. I know from my own experience having raced the real Road America in a corvette and then doing it in iRaping, that hands down, without a doubt it BLOWS anything that anyone has ever done in any other sim that is out there. Its my home track, in my old car, so having the real life experience of 20+ track days there and then doing it in iraping and then in rfactor and then in rfactor 2, nothing compares to laser scanned data, and I can say without a doubt that its worth every penny, and im sure about 40000 other people in the racing community would agree as that how many currently own and race over at iraping. Sad that all the tracks we have here are really just some quality artists rendition of the track and not the actual track itself.

But at the end of the day, none of us drive real F1 cars so I couldn't tell you what really is a better F1 car, or if the tracks are "off", just can tell you what I feel more comfortable in.