Track Search for 2013

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Track Search for 2013

Post by JohnW » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I would like to enlist all of you to see what tracks , for rFactor 2 , you can find for our upcoming F1 season and post the links in this thread. Obviously, if we are to run a full rF2 season, we need to find all of the tracks or as close to all as we can find. I want to setup some for preseason testing as well. Our game server rental comes due again in Feb. I can change from rF1 to rF2 at any time, according to NRT servers. I was hoping to do that after our off season mod races are done in another 3 weeks. The F1 season starts March 17th in the real world. We may only have time for a few races before that.

Jeff Oppenheim

Re: Track Search for 2013

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:36 am

Not looking too good.......

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/#tracks

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7 ... torrent%29

Unless rfactor2 can use rfactor(1) tracks.
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just...waiting."
Michael Delaney, "Le Mans"

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm

JohnW wrote:I would like to enlist all of you to see what tracks , for rFactor 2 , you can find for our upcoming F1 season and post the links in this thread. Obviously, if we are to run a full rF2 season, we need to find all of the tracks or as close to all as we can find. I want to setup some for preseason testing as well. Our game server rental comes due again in Feb. I can change from rF1 to rF2 at any time, according to NRT servers. I was hoping to do that after our off season mod races are done in another 3 weeks. The F1 season starts March 17th in the real world. We may only have time for a few races before that.
I don't think there is even a F1 mod is there?
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Jeff Oppenheim wrote:Not looking too good.......

Unless rfactor2 can use rfactor(1) tracks.
Far as I can tell, this cannot happen. There are many new parameters that the new physics engine needs before being able to run a rF1 track on rF2. Weather and "rubbering in" grip effects to name a few.

Sean, rF2 ISI has released the Formula Masters mod which is the equivalent to F1. The paint jobs are generic McLaren, Red Bull, and Lotus (the black one). However, I'm sure by now, there are many paint jobs available to place them. This mod drives pretty good as well and it already has DRS built in. I don't think KERS is yet, though.
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Dumb question:

I would like to get the tracks on that list, from rFactor.net, but only ONE has a working download link. Do these come with the various car mods instead of individual downloads ?