The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: 2013 ROUND 2 MALAYSIA

Post by JohnW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Alasters port of 35397 works !

That is our "Query Start Port".

Simply use the "+" button at the top of the lobby screen and enter what Alaster posted.

Book marking this IP and port, as Alaster posted would be a really GOOD idea !

Kiwi

Re: 2013 ROUND 2 MALAYSIA

Post by Kiwi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Higpup wrote:[quote="KiwiI start Rfactor up, that what error message, I get, sorry not sure on what you mean, by were,It is trying or I'm trying.
Anyways I've did a test Q/R an it saves to another folder in my Rfactor.
If this is what you mean,if so, then, I'll copy/paste those files to the Fihs log folder, assuming that is were it is meant to write an save files?

*back to work, have a good race see you all after easter*
When you run FiHSETUP, it's in the root rFactor folder.[/quote]

Thanks, I had my *fresh Rfactor an Rfactor/Fihs in the same area*, so it was reading the wrong file,if that makes any scents :oops:
Sorted now, so Thank you :wink:

I've just check the server,I see your all still racing, so as not to ruin anyone's race, could someone PM the p/w to the server :D for the next race ..

**Just home, an finished work, told the boss, I wont be filling in for a while, I've helped out to often, missing family time ...
well an my time for fun ::):

Higpup

Re: 2013 ROUND 2 MALAYSIA POST RACE

Post by Higpup » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Qual 1 went ok was 2nd.

Q2 was not so good, messed up my one timed lap, so didn't set a time.

Race: Got a good start, for once. I was second going into turn 2 and had bump with Stuff in turn 4. I got some damage to my nose, but no wing damage. From then on I was following Josh who was battling Glyn for a few laps. I didn't make a big fuss when Stuff went by, because I knew I had to control my tire wear, and not use them up. I just followed him staying about 1 second back. We got by Josh, then Glyn pitted on lap 9. Back in 2nd and stuff pitted a lap before me on lap 15. I came out ahead of Stuff but again he caught me and passed. I again tried to stay behind him by about 1 second. Stuff pitted on about lap 30 and I went one more lap, hoping I would come out close to him and have fresher option tires to the end than him. On my lap coming into the pits I almost missed turn 1 because I was trying to set my tires, and lost some time. I came out about 3 seconds behind Stuff and got down to about 2 seconds then I lost all concentration and couldn't find my groove again. Finished about 6 seconds behind Stuff. Was good fun racing.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Alaster

Post by Alaster » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Congrats Stuff, race winner! A great race for me, first time into Q2, started 4th and finished 4th. I didn't have the pace to keep up with the front runners but I was able to control the midfield. Got challenged by Juice and Jeff during the opening laps but I was able to stay ahead. I started pulling away after the first round of pitstops and had a good cushion by my second stop. I just managed the tires in the final stint and got lapped in the closing stages but at least I made no big mistakes and had no spins or off-track excursions. A very encouraging result for me and I am excited for the next round in China. Thanks all!
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:03 am

RACE RESULTS- ROUND 2 MALAYSIA

I have to find a new program, this one doesn't work too well for F1. It's setup for Nascar.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

stuff

Post by stuff » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Qual: Went well, my first flyer was a little messy so I did a second which went better and it turned out to be needed as Josh popped in a really quick time at the end.

Race: Got a bunch of wheelspin at the start so I wound up second going into the first corner. Josh got a bit loose in T1 so I had to back off which let Sean by, I had a good draft on him going into T4 but cold brakes meant the car just didn't want to slow down and I ran wide out onto the grass dropping to 5th. After that I just tried to settle into a comfortable pace and started to make up positions. After Glyn pitted I was able to get by Sean just before our first stops to take the lead but I made a mess of my first stop which dropped me back behind Sean. I was able to catch Sean again and get by, but I wasn't able to open up more than a 1s gap. Meanwhile Glyn was 10s up the road and I was unsure what his pit strategy might be, his first stop had been pretty early and if he was 3 stopping I was in good shape, but if he was 2 stopping I was in trouble. The lap after my second stop both Glyn and Sean pitted so that answered my question and things were looking good. Through the in and out laps I had opened about 4s on Sean and it was just a matter of not making any mistakes to the finish. Overall it was a really enjoyable race.

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello Gent's

I want to applogize to all at Fihs and my Team mate
For not making the races.
At the moment I am overwhelmed with work and I am not getting home on time.
I might have to be put on the part time driver and put in a single car and give Glyn a team mate that can make the races.

I will and try to get some practice in and male the races.
Once this big job is done with in 2 weeks I will be working closer to home, So that should help get me home on time.

Again my apologizes for not showing up.

Ruben M.
I Might not be fast but I am ahead of you :-)

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm

I got bored today and made a video, kind of crude. I wanted to test out this new video editing program that I have. Video of Malaysia
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion