2013 ROUND 5: Spain Pre/Post Race

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

Josf

Re: 2013 ROUND 5: Spain Pre/Post Race

Post by Josf » Sat May 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Anymore accusatory e-mails or posts will result in your account being turned off.
That is cut and pasted from e-mail.

I think I know what that means, but my viewpoint is meaningless until I'm told what my viewpoint is, so let me know if I should continue showing up on the server please.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 6:08 am

Josf,
You come across many times, but not all the time, as everyone is out to get you. You infer you're being talked about when it's not stated. You go over the top and take comments to extreme (IMO). See I have to put IMO there or you will say something like "I can't express my views, unless I'm told what they are" To me that's taking things to the extreme. We are all here to race and have fun. I just made a comment about slowing down in the racing line to let faster cars go by, if that was even happening at all and it wasn't just a missed apex. Then it's taken a whole new direction about "poor driving" and such. I've had to stop my self from posting a lot of comments, mostly because I think you'll take them the wrong way from what they were intended. Even when I try and word things without naming people, and make a general comment, you take it the wrong way from what it was intended. Man I just want to race and have fun, and not be worried about posting things in the forum that will start a fight or make people uncomfortable. If we (anyone) can't point out things that we see during the race that might have the potential for accidents in the future, then something is wrong. I merely brought that up the topic to make people aware of it. That is it. I wasn't calling anyone a bad driver, or anything even close to that. I'm not here to verbally spar with anyone, I'm here to race and have fun.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm

"I think I know what that means, but my viewpoint is meaningless until I'm told what my viewpoint is, so let me know if I should continue showing up on the server please."

My viewpoint is that if you can not keep from getting your nose bent out of shape over every little perceived slight, find something you enjoy more. I'm sure you do know what I meant, in the line you quoted from our off season e-mails. Rest assured that I meant it.

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 1:20 pm

You're not being reasonable. Sorry, but your not. There are no orders around here. Communication is not just one way. I think I've made that clear in our previous conversations.
Anymore accusatory e-mails or posts will result in your account being turned off.
I'm sure you do know what I meant, in the line you quoted from our off season e-mails. Rest assured that I meant it.
The problem I see with movable goal posts can be expressed in the quotes above, since my viewpoint is told to me, and therefore I have no idea as to what my viewpoint will be next, and in case you care to know, my actual viewpoint, then you could actually read what I write.

I can ask again:
I think I know what that means, but my viewpoint is meaningless until I'm told what my viewpoint is, so let me know if I should continue showing up on the server please.
No need to block my account or hide the password or whatever else you may imagine into being concerning me, a simple expression in English, such as "you are not welcome" suffices to remove the mixing of messages.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun May 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Josf,

This attitude that everyone is out to get you and that every comment is an attack is not welcome and has gotten very tiresome. There is no moving goal post. There is no conspiracy. There is not an us against you mind set here. It's real simple. We have a league to provide entertainment for just about ANYONE who chooses to race with us and follows the posted rules of racing and forum interaction. If you are not having fun and can not follow the forum rules, because you have some deep desire to attack just about anyone who comments, then I have to ask, not for the first time, why ARE you here ? If you wish to remain an active driver, drop the persecution complex and learn to take it easy. If you can't do that, let me know and I will end both our suffering with a simple click of a forum button.

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 pm

John,

So that means I am not free to say what I think, which is categorically not what you say I think, in my own words, that I can quote, or does that mean that I am free to say what I think, or is this response going to prove the point this time?

I don't know, but you can tell me, or just push the button.

As to the question asked, I can answer in two parts.

I join the sever where the race tracks are available because I enjoy the high level of competition, despite being rammed from behind often enough to require a continued effort to develop the skill of evasive action, so as to try to avoid being rammed from behind.

I join the forum to read information, and offer information, despite a general lack of capacity to communicate specific things on specific topics.

That may answer the question asked, or I suppose I may be asked to leave, or I suppose the button will merely be pushed. How could I know; telepathy?

As a matter of fact, knowing me, despite having me misrepresented by you, the actual me knows, that some of the most fun on the track has been racing against you as often enough the case has been that our lap times have been close enough to constitute an actual race. I have no idea as to my ability to actually communicate anything to you whatsoever.

If anyone else cares to know, while I still have the capacity to type words on this forum, it has been a blast, and I have had a very good past few months spending many hours on the server having a lot of fun learning how to drive the simulated car on the simulated tracks, and it has been especially fun to find other people on the server who are more than happy to race, such as Jeff, an exemplary case of someone who appears to enjoy close racing.

It has been very much fun, apart from some small concerns with completely avoidable contact on the track, and obvious excessive liberties taken with the spaces between sentences.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Josf wrote: I join the sever where the race tracks are available because I enjoy the high level of competition, despite being rammed from behind often enough to require a continued effort to develop the skill of evasive action, so as to try to avoid being rammed from behind.
I bet if you ask ANYONE that SIM races they have rammed more people than they can count from behind. It's nothing new in SIM racing, 99.9%, I would venture to guess it's not on purpose. I've been online racing since 1994, and I've hit my share of people, believe me. I've been hit by my share of drivers. Hell I got put in the wall in a race by Martin Truex Jr, in Nascar 3, and he's a professional driver. It's not on purpose(except when we had special DEMO DERBY races at bristol in Nascar 2 and 3 in leagues), and it happens. It happens in real life and in SIM racing. Instead of developing the skill of evasive action, maybe develope a better way to let guys by that are faster, or just accept that it happens and move on. It's not life or death, it's a SIM.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Sean,

Is that a confession?

Seriously, I don't have any idea as to which word I may type that may end up with me no longer having access to the challenge of very good, fun, competition on the track; despite the way too often case where totally avoidable contact continues as if no one cares enough to do anything about it.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Just for you're clarification. In Bahrain I touched Tim (at the time I didn't think I did, but replay showed I did) which sent him into the wall. I got a 5 spot penalty from that. No one is perfect, and it was "avoidable contact" judged by the stewards. Yes I have run into people, and yes people have run into me. I think last season 2 out of the first 3 races I got plowed on lap 1 and was out before half the lap was complete. You just move on and hope that the penalties handed down along with discussions of drivers concerns are taken into consideration for the future.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Sean wrote in part...
You just move on...
You is you, not me.

Is that clear, or is that unclear?

Will my viewpoint be told to me, or will I actually be allowed to express my actual viewpoint?

You tell me while I still have the power to reply.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm done with this game.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun May 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Josf,

Your posting just to piss people off now. Stop it. I had enough of your overly wordy , pseudo philosophical , often insulting, clap trap in our off season e-mails. If you can't get over someone actually making contact with you in a damn sim race, then this is NOT the form on entertainment you should be in.

Finally, this is not a police state where everyone has to be oh so careful about what they say or be in the right group to get away with things. You recent posts are trying to make it out as if it is. We have only banned 1 person in recent memory, and that was for some very egregious posts and e-mail threats. When I told him I would contact the court system in his area, he finally stopped. I would hate to ban some one else for simply being a jerk in the forums. Do you want to be that guy ? Yep. It's a warning.