Race Date: 24 May 2013
Circuit Name: Circuit de Monaco
Number of Laps: 59
Circuit Length: 3.340 km
Race Distance: 197.06 km

Download Track HERE

2012 RESULTS

From last year at this track to fix mirrors:

If you go into your .plr file (C:\<some directory>\rFactor\UserData\<your name>\<your name>.plr) and find the line 'Rearview Cull="1"' you can change the 1 to a 0 and then it should be fine, didn't seem to affect anything else for me.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: 2013 ROUND 6: Monaco GP Pre/Post Race

Post by JohnW » Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 am

My mind really wants to be good at this track. The rest of me thinks my brain has been out all night partying and has no idea what it's talking about.

Sebastian Scott

Post by Sebastian Scott » Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 am

Oh this track... so so fun to drive... shame its so tight!
The unofficial after midnight driving champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Seb, is it OK to call you Seb?

I really want to race in this league on this track. But I don't want Sean, or anyone, ramming me from behind, there is no room to get out of the way.

I trust Jeff, Shabo, certainly John, other drivers, to race close, no problem, mistakes are mistakes, but to me there are drivers, that I suppose are not supposed to be called out, for some strange reason, for their propensity to drive through other drivers, and that would make a race at this track a cluster fxxx.

What do I know?

Nada

This may be my last post, I think John has his finger on the button.

I don't know if my time can be employed in preparation for the upcoming race, or the plug will be pulled, and no such investment is possible. I can say, again,that I appreciate your response concerning the event in the last race, where I was unable to get out of your way.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Me ram you? When did I do that?
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sun May 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Me ram you? When did I do that?
I am allowed, now, to record specific examples, on replay files, of aggressive drivers ramming into drivers who are doing everything in their power to avoid being rammed from those aggressive drivers who ram people?

or

I am banished?

I don't have the answer.

I can start recording, and documented, the often, very often, cases where I am personally, on replay files, rammed into, on the track, from aggressive divers.

or

Such things are rigorously, and aggressively, verboten.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm

It was a simple question. If you're going to turn everything into drama, I'm not playing anymore.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Josf,

What the HELL are you going on about ? You're right, my finger is on the button. By your posts you have put it there. This kind of BS post about things being forbidden and some drivers able to get away with stuff are pure lies.

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 am

Higpup wrote:2012 RESULTS
Pure Domination! I only wish I could make it this year.
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

Sebastian Scott

Post by Sebastian Scott » Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 am

Josf,

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.... Not one of the racers here will deliberately run up the back of someone and I personally wouldn't stay up till 3ish in the morning if such things happened within the FiHS community. I've had some great battles with Sean over the years and 99% have been clean (1% is when I lost control right in front of him in Valencia). A perfect example is Bahrain this year when we were side by side all the way from T1 to T5.

So please mate, just relax about it all and enjoy racing here as it is probably one of the best sim racing communities about.

I hope to see you out there at the next race!
The unofficial after midnight driving champion

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Mon May 13, 2013 4:31 am

I make it easy to pass me because I've had LOTS of practice racing with one eye on the rear view mirror, that and being the new guy I'd hate to be the one to mess up someone's race. I spun last week in front of someone and I felt aweful. Granted we made no contact but the thought of slowing someone else down is enough for me to know I have to be good at getting out the way. Lots of times I tend just to pull right off the race line and off the track if needed to let you all pass. Next race for me means lots of practice and lots of memorizing where there will places to safely get out of the way as I'm a back-marker racer, at least this year.
On a side note I just would like to say a big thank you to all you guys here as its nice to be a new guy and find a place that is so welcoming to new guys, be it just talkin on teamspeak or talking about setups or even being so nice to share your setups with me. I promise you I'm sticking with this league. There isn't a better place to race as far as I am concerned. This coming race is going to be amazing. I was a little pissed that last week I hit a wall destroying my car and then I kicked my router and broke the damn rj45 jack on it losing my Internet so I couldn't stick around and watch the rest if the race.
Also about replays. Being a new driver in this car I record EVERY time I go out on the track. Telemetry and the actual video. Just so I can go back and review visually along with the telemetry side by side so I can get a better understanding of the car. That and I have an intention of maybe doing a little highlight video of FIHS soon and then maybe we can advertise and get ourselves a full field for next season. Well sorry for the ramble, back to work. See y'all in practice

EDIT: can anyone recommend a good setup for this track? Or, from Spain what would you do to your setup to make it work for you at Monaco? Thx for the help

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon May 13, 2013 8:22 am

JoshJ81 wrote:
We wish you could also. How's the Karting going?
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am

Higpup wrote:
JoshJ81 wrote:
We wish you could also. How's the Karting going?
I have been racing about every other week (including this coming weekend) at a place called Sandy Hook Raceway in Maryland Google map it for a good view of the layout (its not that place your thinking of, that was in Connecticut). So far, I have been running with top 5 guys but the results have not been there because everyone is running into the back of me on purpose so I lose out on a lot. LOLMAO!!!! Sorry couldn't resist that one. But yeah top 5s about 10 to 15 guys. A lot of the results have been lucky because of kart break downs or driver mistakes (I've had a few myself :)). Still learning and getting comfortable, you would not believe the Gs that kart can pull (I think 2 or 3 in the 20° banking final turn). I decided to stick with one or 2 tracks this year until I get better then I'll start to really travel around for races. The other track is at New Jersey Motorsport Park in Millville, NJ (yes the new big sports car series track Thunderbolt!). As soon as I get back the pictures (I didn't take them, some company did), I will post them.
FIHS F1 Career Stats

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 am

Sebastian Scott wrote:Josf,

Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.... Not one of the racers here will deliberately run up the back of someone and I personally wouldn't stay up till 3ish in the morning if such things happened within the FiHS community. I've had some great battles with Sean over the years and 99% have been clean (1% is when I lost control right in front of him in Valencia). A perfect example is Bahrain this year when we were side by side all the way from T1 to T5.

So please mate, just relax about it all and enjoy racing here as it is probably one of the best sim racing communities about.

I hope to see you out there at the next race!
Where is the like button?
FIHS F1 Career Stats

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Shabo wrote:I make it easy to pass me because I've had LOTS of practice racing with one eye on the rear view mirror, that and being the new guy I'd hate to be the one to mess up someone's race. I spun last week in front of someone and I felt aweful. Granted we made no contact but the thought of slowing someone else down is enough for me to know I have to be good at getting out the way. Lots of times I tend just to pull right off the race line and off the track if needed to let you all pass. Next race for me means lots of practice and lots of memorizing where there will places to safely get out of the way as I'm a back-marker racer, at least this year.
On a side note I just would like to say a big thank you to all you guys here as its nice to be a new guy and find a place that is so welcoming to new guys, be it just talkin on teamspeak or talking about setups or even being so nice to share your setups with me. I promise you I'm sticking with this league. There isn't a better place to race as far as I am concerned. This coming race is going to be amazing. I was a little pissed that last week I hit a wall destroying my car and then I kicked my router and broke the damn rj45 jack on it losing my Internet so I couldn't stick around and watch the rest if the race.
Also about replays. Being a new driver in this car I record EVERY time I go out on the track. Telemetry and the actual video. Just so I can go back and review visually along with the telemetry side by side so I can get a better understanding of the car. That and I have an intention of maybe doing a little highlight video of FIHS soon and then maybe we can advertise and get ourselves a full field for next season. Well sorry for the ramble, back to work. See y'all in practice

EDIT: can anyone recommend a good setup for this track? Or, from Spain what would you do to your setup to make it work for you at Monaco? Thx for the help
+1 Great league,great bunch :D ...well said .. Mike/Shabo

As for my race,still heaps to learn, trying to get faster an or more consistent, In this race,I had one eye on the mirrors the other on the track,I did my best to let the faster guys passed, so If I held anyone up, I apologize :)

At warm up time, I suddenly had a sore stomach *rest room visit* 10 mins to go, till race time :shock:
I Returned, starting from pit ,exiting with the leaders breathing down my neck, after that,I didn't really settle back into any real , comfortable lap time/s
I realize,I'm well an truly out of my depth for pace/speed
all in all,I managed to finish the race, bringing the car home in 10th, for my first team an individual point *woot*

If someone has a set,that's,not to oversteery ,an would like to share ... holler :mrgreen: