2013 ROUND 6: Monaco GP Pre/Post Race

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

Higpup

Re: 2013 ROUND 6: Monaco GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Higpup » Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 pm

both guys can pit at the same time (I believe) if you both are able to get two tires in the box. I think I've done that before a few years ago. So if you car has a lot of damage, pit to the right with just left sides in box, and your team mate can do the opposite. I'm 80% sure that will work.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sat May 25, 2013 5:54 am

Sean,

Thanks for that information. If Alaster wants we can test to make sure it works before the next race.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 am

Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Oh come on!!! Details! How did everyone's race go??? I wish I could have made this one, damn work!
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108
Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat May 25, 2013 6:04 pm

I wasn on the leader's (Stuff) tail for the first 10 laps, and then he went wide and exploded on the wall. From then on I just slowed my pace a bit to make sure I wasn't taking any chances. I pitted 2 times, Prime,Options, Options, for me. I was afraid to take my eyes off the screen for ANY REASON at this track. I had one scary moment when Juice was sideways on the track, and I didn't really see him until I was almost on him, due to the fact he kind of blended into the signage. :) Well Done to Jeff and Josf, for the rest of the podium.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

stuff

Post by stuff » Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Not much to say, qualifying was good, felt like I had more pace left in the car. Got a decent start and was just taking it easy, not pushing at all, and I don't know what happened. I guess I was wider than usual at the exit of Tabac, the car just detonated, dead stop, ripped the right side off and killed the engine. I was very surprised when it happened, but there are definitely a few of those invisible pillars around, just unfortunate to find one.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat May 25, 2013 9:33 pm

The day prior to the race, I found out that going with more front and rear ARB allowed me to get through quick direction changes without the back end sliding all the way around. I was able to do mid 1:18s after that. Yea !

On race night, I couldn't find the 1:18s at all. I got one or two 1:19s but that was it. ( It could be my video card was not helping with slower than normal for it fps. ) I wasn't slowest, but no near making Q2. I didn't care that much because I knew that starting with 12 cars, there would be lots of points on the table for those who finished. That was my goal , as usual, at this track .

At the start, I just tried to not hit things or cars and find a rhythm. When I came in for tires, a bit passed lap 20, I had already rolled the car, but had limited damage, and even though there was plenty of yellow on the HUD, not of it made the car handle badly, so I left " Repair Damage " off. Leaving the pits, I saw Juice motoring up the the hill from turn 1 and thought he was in front of me, on the scoring list, and made him my goal. That was a mistake. 1) He had had worse troubles as was a lap or more behind me, and 2) my goal should have been to pay DAMN attention to the track. Of lost concentration and found myself barreling into the top of the hill before I thought I was going to and had no chance to make the left turn. Ker-Blamo ! Launched into the sky with only 3 wheels and a dead motor. Watching the rest of the race, if I could have held my ground, I may have had a podium finish.

Well done to Sean, Jeff, and Josf, who were running at the end.

Alaster

Post by Alaster » Sun May 26, 2013 2:31 am

The explosive armco had the better of me so I was just tooling around, way off the pace, avoiding spinners and getting safely lapped by the leaders. Even without pushing at all I was improving my position as drivers ahead were making mistakes. With the tortoise strategy it started to look like I was in for a good points haul, until on lap 15 I caught up with Juice who had a moment at the tunnel exit and there was debris across the track. I took avoiding action and got hooked into the armco and boom! Both wings gone and severely bent front suspension. I think Josf got involved with that whole incident, too. Barely in control and limping back into the pits I almost collected a Red Bull or STR I think (sorry to who it was) but no harm done. Damage was too severe and repairs could not be completed before Josf came in for his scheduled tire stop. So I quit to free up the pit stall and not delay Josf any further. Congrats to Sean and all who made it to the finish.
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!