India GP for 2013

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: India GP for 2013

Post by JohnW » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah, there are three choices. I think I tried them all and really couldn't see a difference. My goal is to load the best one we can discover on the server.

It is interesting that you got a consistent FPS all around the track. I got my lowest FPS on the long straight headed up the hill, in the first part of the lap. As if the back side of the pit lane buildings was a big frame rate issue.

Once we pick one, we need to try a quick online test and get people to crash. Especially around the pit entrance. That's what totally KILLED the version we have used until now.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I've been experimenting with the "Track 2" option. Ive tried turning down ALL the settings you can only adjust before you load the track. The ONLY one that makes a difference, to my system, is track detail. I can leave the rest up pretty darn high and as long as I leave the Track Detail set to LOW, I gain at least 20fps. So, sections that used to show in the 30s for fps will show 50s now. Now, settings the detail to LOW removes a lot of the long range scenery. Like the grand stands, but not the pit buildings. It removes some of the fencing, but not the guard railing. The track surfaces are just fine. So, it looks like your racing in the middle of no where, but the track is still very good.

I am running at 1920 X 1080 at 32bit right now. I'm going to try lower sizes to see what happens.

I need all you Win 7 guys to try some of these out. We have too few drivers for me to host the WRONG track on race day.

I dropped my screen setting to 1280 X 768 , which is about the same ratio as the previous setting and it didn't gain much on the low end, but I think it gained a good amount of fps at the higher end.

stuff

Post by stuff » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:25 pm

I tried option 2, and it seems to look decent and run well with win 7.