2013 ROUND 8: British GP Pre/Post Race

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

Kiwi

Re: 2013 ROUND 8: British GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Kiwi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Still buzy at work, even with a break between races, wont make this race, didnt really get any free time to turn any laps
hf all, see you at the next ::):

Josf

Post by Josf » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 pm

The race was intense for me. Captain Slow was either close ahead or close behind and either threatening or withing reach almost the entire race. It was very difficult to maintain focus so as to minimize mistakes especially during close racing as faster cars, from my view, appear to be so much faster as to be driving through me, so I slow down and get out of their way.

In the closing laps I think I had the car to catch up to Captain Slow and threaten, but probably not pass, but that was not to be since the Red Bull was off the road on turn 16 with a few laps to go, and from that point on for my race it was a cake walk to the finish with no chance to gain another position and no one threatening to take a position away.

Is there a track file for Nürburgring?

Last year was Hockenheimring, this year is Nürburgring.

I did not see a Nürburgring track file in my current rFactor folder.

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 am

This is one of my favorite tracks and I found out it was easier to drive this Mod on it since there aren't many slow corners that would normally get me in trouble under heavy braking. I can't stop this car from swapping ends under braking unless I apply throttle which then lengthen the braking zone and if I have lapse moment and forget to keep some gas ...normally means race over, like Monaco and Spain.

Fun race, qualified 3rd, but was placed 7th on the grid, which was OK as I didn't want to get on the way of anyone's points battle but found myself in 5th spot after T1 and a few laps into the race Sean and the 3rd place running, sorry, his name escapes me atm, tangled up at T3, not sure what happened there. From there on I was on hot pursuit of Juice who was going pretty good and after I made some ground, made a mistake and lost it all again.

After the first round of stops something must to happened to Juice as he showed a long way behind us and from there on was a matter of keeping the car on the black stuff and bringing her home, which we did on 2nd place.

2-Stop race for us, Primes|Primes|Options.

Congrats to Stuff on the win and to Sean for his podium finish.

Hopefully see you all at the next round.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 am

I will update the points Sunday morning. Right now I have to get out and work on my Trans Am, before it gets 90 degrees and too hot.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:00 pm

It was a frustrating race. It looked like I was way off everyone's pace, in qualifying, but things looked better, once the race was progressing. At one point, I was as high as 3rd. Then Sean went on by me. OK, I'll hang in for 4th. That didn't work when I did a pirouette on a curb outside of about turn 4. I lost the 6 second lead I had on Josf. P itted on lap 14 I think and figured he would pit much later, but he stopped on the next lap, and I was ahead again. Then Sean and Jeff pitted out of sequence and I was up the grid again. I was able to push fairly well and took a Prime, Option, Option tire selection and thought I would be good. However, even though my car felt good in Q , with low fuel, I started having trouble with the rear sliding near the end. My laps went from 1:36s to 1:40 and Josf was gaining ground big time. I then spun at the slow left before the start/finish straight and he got by me. Then, rFactor minimized and left me at the desktop. I got back in the game and did another lap or two before the end.

I think I finished 6th maybe ? It should have been much better.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 pm

I had a very frustrating race. Should of started 2nd, but grid jumble put me 5th. I thought no biggie, boy was I wrong. Got stuck behind Jeff for the first 18 laps or so. I had to change to 3 stop just to get in clean air and run 136's instead of 138's behind Jeff. On to the next. Please no more grid jumbles. :)
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Juice

Post by Juice » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:04 am

Well, again, a good race gone bad in a split second. I crashed and ended up uspide down, car was trashed. Limped back into pits, sorry for getting into anyones way in the process. THere was no damage showing on the RR suspension, but the tire was getting really hot trying to get back to the pits and the car just wanted to (and did) loop on me just going straigth.

Now, onto an issue I have with the realism of the mod/tracks. The damn curbs I think are way too tall, and no, i'm not refering to the additional raised parts in a few corners. I watched some of the real F1 today and those guys run over those curbs and not lose the car or get hung up. I'm not asking for changes, just wanted to point that out since running a little wide onto one can make you lose control. Sorry, don't know which turns specifically off hand. Onto the next event......

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 am

Juice wrote:Well, again, a good race gone bad in a split second. I crashed and ended up uspide down, car was trashed. Limped back into pits, sorry for getting into anyones way in the process. THere was no damage showing on the RR suspension, but the tire was getting really hot trying to get back to the pits and the car just wanted to (and did) loop on me just going straigth.

Now, onto an issue I have with the realism of the mod/tracks. The damn curbs I think are way too tall, and no, i'm not refering to the additional raised parts in a few corners. I watched some of the real F1 today and those guys run over those curbs and not lose the car or get hung up. I'm not asking for changes, just wanted to point that out since running a little wide onto one can make you lose control. Sorry, don't know which turns specifically off hand. Onto the next event......
That was a problem hear last year. I fixed it by raising ride height a bit. I also knew from practice, that if my tire dropped off the back of the curbing, that I would bottom out and send me, most likely, on the ride of my life.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:35 pm

If I knew how to lower the curbs, I would do it. The question would always be, "Which tracks need it and which turns at those tracks ? " OK, that's two questions.

Shabo

Post by Shabo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Sorry i missed this race but i ended up spending the evening in the city after the Blackhawks Cup Parade and Rally. What an experience! Looking forward to trying my hardest this week at the ring! :D