2013 ROUND 9: German GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Higpup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:35 am

German Grand Prix

Qual Starts 9pm ET

Race Date: 05 Jul 2013
Number of Laps: 45
Circuit Length: 5.148 km

SERVER IS UP

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE STANDARD (RED)TIRES LOADED in your upgrades menu. This is the same thing as the first few races.

Download Track HERE ----> just unzip to your GameData/Locations/F1RFT2011 folder

RACE RESULTS-ROUND 9 GERMANY

Josf

Re: 2013 ROUND 9: German GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Josf » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:57 am

Thanks

That file for the Nürburg track goes into the Game Data/Locations/F1RFT2011 Folder not directly into the Locations folder.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:26 am

Josf wrote:Thanks

That file for the Nürburg track goes into the Game Data/Locations/F1RFT2011 Folder not directly into the Locations folder.

That's the way it's posted in the first post
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 pm

My brother and his family took me out for a birthday dinner and so I was somewhat late for practice. I was really looking forward to churning my way trough the laps to get at least a few point. Attrition set in and so there were then vacancies in positions and therefore points. Much to my surprise I had a race going with Jeff that heated up considerably at the end. I don't know if Jeff had problems but the carrot dangling out there inspired me to turn in my best laps right before the finish line.

Now I have to go to see if any good movies are playing.

Thanks for the competition, it was a great way to get my birthday wish.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:05 pm

My start wasn't the best, but only fell down one spot to 3rd. Otto let me by. I thought he was maybe managing tires. I basically was on Stuff's tail in the whole first stint. Stuff, myself, and Otto all pitted on the same lap. Stuff's car was in my pit stall, not sure what was going on with that, but I had to pull in at a 45 degree angle to get 2 wheels in the box, but that blocked Stuff. We all came out of the pits nose to tail again, and after about 4 laps I let Otto go by, I was getting terrible frame rates in the chicane and the final corner. I was probably losing about .5 seconds a lap there. Then I got caught up on that stupid little curb to the left on the exit of turn 4. I spun around and now was about 7 seconds behind Otto who was racing with Stuff. I was just putting the laps in on my 3rd stint with about 6 to go, I look see Otto is behind me now. I had to pick up the pace as he was only 10 seconds behind on fresh tires. I finished in 2nd so good result, but lost more ground to Stuff.

Otto, I don't think you should worry about getting in the battle with Stuff and me. I welcome the racing, it's more fun! You should be able to go for the win without thinking you might mess us up. :D
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:04 am

I had a good car again for this track, I have been using the same setup from the beginning of the year, pretty much untouched, just adding wings for Monaco and also added some wing for here too. Also did a few practice laps on Thursday night and that seemed to help our pace.

Had a good start but was not comfortable following Stuff too close as I I knew both him and Sean were saving their tires and I really wasn't, so let Sean and Juice by and just try to settled into a rhythm while trying to stay close but when Juice started to lose touch with the guys up front he let me by and I chased after the two leaders just destroying my LF in the process, but it was a lot of fun.

After my second stop, which I put on Options, I knew I would have to stop one more time but was hoping to create a big enough gap so I could at least come back with a shot and catching the leaders with my newer tires but waited too long and was never able to create the gap and with 4 laps to go it was mission impossible, finishing 3rd.

Good clean racing guys closed must of the way.

Congrats to Stuff for the win and Sean for his second place finish.

Note: Sean, I do understand close racing is one of the reasons why we love sim racing but this late in the season I would hate me trying to get too cute and taking one of you guys out hence affecting the close championship race you and Stuff have going at the moment. I was trying to win the race but making sure I could do it in the safest way possible. Besides, I don't believe my pace was good enough to win anyway as you guys were just as fast, late in the race, while saving your tires at the same time I was not. Good stuff though.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:08 am

rFactor and my computer locked up on about lap 9 or so. Nothing I could do but hit the reset button. I ran a memory test 2 times with no errors. I ran Prime95 for a couple of hours as I surfed. No issues at all. CPU temp never got above 63c. The max temp for my CPU is 72c. I've run video stress tests and no issues. Last week I moved my old rFactor folder out of the way and resetup and clean copy of rFactor, downloaded our mod and plugins, Installed the track and thought any program issues should be gone. I guess not. It's really annoying and frustrating.

If I can't figure out what to change I will never know when it will happen again.

stuff

Post by stuff » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:17 am

I struggled with the setup of the car here, I just couldn't get it to feel right and was making large changes right up to qualifying. I know from the past then when qualifying is close I tend to be slower in race trim because I just can't seem to get the tires to work as hard as some of the other guys.

I made a good start but it was obvious straight away that Otto and Sean we're both capable of putting in much faster laps than I could, luckily I had good speed on the straights and this track is difficult to pass anywhere else so I was able to stay in front. I pitted a lap early on my first stop because I'd noticed they'd dropped back slightly, and figured I would get undercut if I didn't stop first. I'm not sure what was going on with the pit lane, but it seemed like Sean and I's pit boxes were practically overlapping but we got through it without any major trouble. In the second stint Sean dropped back but Otto was clearly much faster than I was, he seemed to be running a fair bit more wing though, and so couldn't really challenge to pass as long as I didn't make any major mistakes. His second stop came a couple laps before my window so I was certain he'd get the undercut and take the lead. All I could hope was he'd either have to slow his pace to conserve tires, or maybe my slightly fresher tires would be stronger at the end. But I figured at that point he pretty much had it in the bag. I was pretty surprised when I saw him pit just a few laps from the finish. I'd been catching him slightly, but I didn't think it was going to be enough. After that I just eased off since there was a small gap back to Sean.

Definitely one of the hardest races I've ever driven, any mistake I made would have seen them scamper off into the distance, so it was very satisfying to put in such a consistent run.

Juice

Post by Juice » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:06 pm

I was finally able to finish wihtout damage, but just had to watch the leaders drive away after a few laps. I thought I had primes on, thinking "damn, my setup really is tough on tires" and I checked to my surprise I started on options, and then put options on the 1st stop. DOH That was not the plan. :( And primes on the second stop couldnt take me to the end, not that it would have made any difference. Atleast I was able to hold onto 4th.

John, I had issues with RF locking up a few years back. Did all the tests you done and never came up with anything. I found out by accident I had a power supply out of spec. Worth getting it tested. I never had any issues with the pc other than RF locking up.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Juice,

After doing some long video tests, I noticed that the temp on the card was no longer dead flat, but would make a bit of a squared sawtooth pattern, going up and down by 1 degree and would ever so slowly creep up in temp. Not a lot, but about 3 degrees over 2 hours. I also saw a little fluctuation on the voltage on the 5 volt memory buss. Not a lot either. I ordered a new, larger power supply and a new video card as a shotgun attempt to fix this. I was probably going to need more video oomph for rFactor 2 anyway.

I dislike, and have gotten used to, missing out on points and finishes due to my skill level, but I really hate losing out due to equipment failure.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 am

I will get the race results overview link posted soon. I keep for getting.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

I am curious to see that review of the race since my time was close to Jeff's for that German GP.

The Hungarian Track is a Bull Ring and so I am looking forward to that too.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Race results updated in first post. You can view all of the race here at the CALENDAR
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion