Number of Laps: 53
Circuit Length: 4.381 km
Race Distance: 232.193 km

Download Track HERE just unzip to your GameData/Locations folder

RACE RESULTS-2013 ROUND 10 HUNGARY

Shabo

Re: 2013 ROUND 10: Hungary GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Shabo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Siory guys not gonna make this race tonight. Just got home. Long week. Havent raced much if any rf1 in the last 3 weeks, rf2 has had me drulling. Hard to go back to rf1 fidelity. Dont want to mess anything up for anyone else. Good luck all!

Alaster

Post by Alaster » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Congrats Stuff, race winner! I was feeling confident for this race and had thoughts of making it into Q2 and a good points haul. I missed out on Q2 by a few tenths but I was still happy with my setup. Too much wheelspin at the start and then I got tangled up into Turn 1 and punted into the wall. My fault really, should have stayed on the line and all that. The car got bent and I was fighting the steering wheel during the first stint. The car was shaking under braking as I was just trying to keep my place. Had to pit in a lot earlier than I planned and then it was 95 seconds to repair the damage. Rejoined the race in my customary last place, but the car felt much better and the chase was on. I was overdriving to make up for lost time and had a couple of spins. Had to make an extra stop for tires near the end but I was catching Josf. Maybe 2-3 more laps and I could have had a chance to overtake. Still, I am glad to finish and get a couple of points. Thanks all!
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 am

I felt pretty good going into Q2 after having fastest lap in Q1 by .6, but I went too slow on my warm up lap to save tire life and tires got too cool. I felt a slide in turn 1 on exit on hot lap, and knew might be in trouble. Sure enough I spun a few turns later. Since others didn't go out, I started 3rd.

I got a slowish start off line, but not too bad. Stayed behind J Kim for first lap. On lap 2 I smacked the wall and had a yellow side pod, with yellow rear wing. After hitting the wall there was a gap to J Kim and he had a small gap to Stuff by then. I slowly caught back up to J Kim and I was much quicker as I think J Kim's tires were going off. J Kim didn't put up a fight and let me go try and run down Stuff. Even after my second stop I didn't think Stuff was on a 2 stopper, but he was. Once I was approaching my 3rd stop I figured out that Stuff was going to try and make it on 2 stops. Before my last stop I got the lead, due to Stuff pitting. I tried to be very consistent and fast. I started doing qual laps at that point and with about 10 to go I put on Option tires for the first time, and went all out. I came out 12 seconds behind Stuff. There was about 4 lap in a row where I caught lap traffic in the second sector and lost about .5 seconds each lap, compared to a clean lap. I wasn't really paying attention to how much ground I was making up until the last lap when I turned the corner and saw Stuff ahead. Finished 2.5 seconds behind and with there was about 2 more lap. I had about 5 more laps of option tires left. It was a good race. Doing 3 stops to Stuff's 2, and trying to go balls out and not make a mistake for that many laps was a challenge.

Great win again Stuff. :D
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 am

I got a decent start, and I thought I had a shot at the outside of Tom, going into T1, but the lane got too narrow and I had to check up. Unfortunately, this caught Alaster out and he had to take evasive action.

From then on it was just trying to get in a good rhythm and not get in a rut, speed wise. I can find myself doing the same lap, over and over, that is not my best and lose time to the field. I tried to push a bit harder and improve my laps. At my first stop, I had rear diffuser damage , probably from the start, and I forgot to tell the crew to not fix it. That was a 18 second repair. Toward the end of the race, I was really wishing I had that time back.

I never worked on tire wear, coming into the race and I didn't know how many stops I was going to need. I suspected Josf was going to make the minimum stops, and figured I needed a good gap for my last stop. It turned out I was not going to make it on 2 stops, so I went with a Prime, Prime, Option, Option run. I was hoping the first option run would allow me to get a gap for the last sprint. By the last stop, I was in a window by myself and there was no one to catch or catch me in the pits.

After my last few races, I was just glad to finish and not have rFactor lock up.

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Great race last night boys, good win for Stuff and a balls out drive by Sean.

I want to apologize to Tom101, think I hit you twice in the race, once on lap one or two and then later when trying to lap you and all I have to say it was all my fault because I am old and don't have the reflexes I once had and it was hard to avoid hitting you when someone suddenly slow down in front of both of us as we were accelerating out of the chicane, then I was not expecting you to slow down to let me by right after that slow right hander and on the racing line, again I should've been able to avoid this, but at my age...fat chance. Sorry about that, I will be more careful next time and if the stewards want to give me a penalty for the second hit which took you off the track, I will accept that.

Any way, my race was good, had a damaged car from lap one on which did not seem to slow me down much. Ran out of fuel on the last lap after all the hard work.

Again, congrats to Stuff on the win the rest of the podium finishers.

I will not be attending Spa, will be on vacation then, but should be back for Monza.

Have a good summer break.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:53 am

Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:47 pm

My race was odd. I spent a lot of time working to get the tires to last longer than 15 laps and the most I could get was 17 laps for the first set of tires, so there was never any work done by me to go faster; I got stuck on tires that wore out fast.

Then the race started and I found myself passing lap 20 on the first set of tires.

Back to the drawing board for me.

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:00 pm

How were your lap times when compared to practice ? Slower, faster, or the same ? Any chance that since you knew the tires might be a problem, you took it extra easy in the long corners ?

Josf

Post by Josf » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am

John,

Lap times were off by at least a second a lap, which is typical as you note, I am more cautious during the race. It is odd because my practice was geared toward minimizing tire noise, looking for greatest tire durability, so as then to start working on going faster from that point of greatest tire durability, but nothing was working to get the tires past 15 to 17 laps during weeks of practice. I have to pay more attention to that range of over-driving.

The good news is that I am gaining ability to drive the car comfortably, which is to say that driving no longer feels like a gamble on the edge of spinning out suddenly.

Spa may turn out to be a better race for me being able to keep up to you and threaten you for position. I have time to work on that over-driving thing, and pay less attention to tire durability in the set-up, since the driving does affect tire wear greatly. More work on gaining faster lap times, and less work on tire durability for Spa sounds reasonable for me at this point.