Number of Laps: 40
Circuit Length: 5.793 km
Race Distance: 231.72 km
Track Download for DOWNLOAD TRACK HERE Put in Gamdata/Locations folder

RACE RESULTS-ROUND 12 MONZA

Josf

Re: 2013 ROUND 12 Italian GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Josf » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey, ahhhhh, I hope Captain Slow was not injured in the incident.

While gaining on the Red Bull car at Monza, after John went somewhat wide on the last turn, all POWER in the car ceased to exist.

No POWER was available for the entire neighborhood until now, as if to say, no: no, no, no, you can't actually have a close race with anyone, it is verboten.

I thought about logging back on to salvage some points, if that was even possible, but it sounds like a bad idea since the vanishing act was probably distraction of some significance too much already.

I am thinking that it would be nice for Sean to hold onto those 25 points, doing what he must do to challenge the one that does so much stuffing.

Next race is a good one, so I may be able to bring something to challenge Captain Slow once again, or, my hard won consistent points earnings may evaporate even further as the season moves well into the second half.

Hasta la vista

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Man, that bites ! I've had a few computer/rFactor crashes, but not power.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Kind of surprised I got pole. Didn't get the best start and had Jeff next to me in braking for turn 1. I made it into turn 1 first and saw some carnage in the mirror. I jumped out to a 8 second lead on Stuff after about 7 laps. At lap 10 I thought I was using the tires too much, so I backed off the pace a bit and Stuff closed the gap to 3 seconds and then I turned it up a bit and got back out to 5-6 second lead. By lap 23 Stuff closed back up to around 2.5 seconds behind. He pitted before me, which shocked me. I ran 2 more laps and pitted and put on the options and just ran the first two laps 90% to gauge tire wear, and I had plenty. I started putting in laps at about 95% and I was able to keep Stuff behind. A couple times he closed in to about 1.5 seconds behind me, and then I turned it up to about 98% and pulled back to around 3 seconds. The race ended with Stuff 1.5 seconds behind in 2nd. I don't know what wings Stuff had, but mine was 8/15. I noticed he was a bit faster on straights, but I got thru the medium speed corners faster. I feel good that I was able to cut into Stuff's championship lead a little bit, but more work to be done. It was a great race.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion