Number of Laps: 42
Circuit Length: 5.615 km
Race Distance: 235.83 km

Korea Track Download

KOREA ROUND 14 RESULTS

Higpup

Re: 2013 ROUND 14 KOREAN GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Higpup » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 am

Worst race in a long time for me. Now I know why my setup last year had 1st gear so tall. I spun the tires too much and ended up hitting the wall multiple times. I needed 31.5 laps to get points and My computer froze on last lap going into turn 1, so not sure if I made it. :evil:
Oh well on to Japan.

Congrats to Otto for win, Stuff and Jeff for podiums.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Josf

Post by Josf » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I should have asked if I had enough time to go to the bathroom and back, since I got back in time to start from the pits minus 1 lap. My wife wanted to go to dinner, so I opted out.

Did John get some points?

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, well...it was about time for us. We were close at least once before but finally were able to make it happen with some practice to set up the car with a little more detail instead of using the one-size fits all setup I've been using for most of the year, and for sure with some good luck. I don't think we had the speed with light fuel to compete late in the race. Also was able to solve the issue with losing the back end under heavy braking, not perfect yet, but much much better.

Missed pole by .003 but got the jump on Stuff at the start, then he came roaring back on the straight, but he pulled back on the braking zone as I missed the braking point and went wide on he exit giving him the position back but he over-cooked the next turn and I was able to squeeze by into the lead and started to pull way but once I realized he was just letting me get away while he was saving his tires I slowed down a bit to save mines too.

We pitted on the same lap, to much of my surprise but now he was a couple of seconds closer and we remained separated by about 6 secs for the entire 2nd stint, then he pitted and something happened in the pits as now I was some 45 secs ahead even after I stopped to put on Options and now just thought of running them for the last 16 laps while Stuff was going nuts doing laps as much as 2 seconds quicker some times trying to make me use my tires more than I wanted to but with that big of a lead it was easy to just stay the course but have to admit it was a good plan from him.

Very happy to finally win one, hopefully I can still run a few more races before the end of the year, but with the 3 sets of back-to-backs we have to finish the season I am not so sure.

Congrats to Stuff and Jeff for their podium finishes.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 am

I qualified in mid pack, for once, but I forgot my own change to qualifying and realized I had to start on soft tires and full tank. So, instead of Hard, Hard, soft for tires, I had to run Soft, hard , hard. I think I barely made the end with a little tire wear left. Had I been on the lead lap, maybe not.

I did a Sean at one point and pinballed off the wall in the next to last corner, but the damage wasn't too bad. My biggest trouble was not over driving corners and going off track. I will count my 2WVs to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I am safe. I don't think I really got the flow of this track until the end. All the 90 degree corners and I don't get along.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 am

Race results updated, see first post, or calendar thread
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 am

If only my compupter didn't lock up going into turn 1 on the last lap, I could of completed another lap to get my POINTS, now no points. :cry: :cry:
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:09 pm

I thought I was driving Mark Webber's car. You seem to be getting his luck , instead of Vettel's.