Circuit Length: 5.807 km
Race Distance: 232.28 km

Track download: SUZUKA DOWNLOAD

RACE RESULTS-ROUND 15 JAPAN

Jeff Oppenheim

Re: 2013 ROUND 15 Japenese GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

HI guys,

Something's come up and it's possible I won't be able to attend the Japanese GP.

I'm still hoping to make it, but if I don't have a good race and I'll see you for the next one.
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just...waiting."
Michael Delaney, "Le Mans"

Dizzo

Post by Dizzo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:02 am

Does anyone else get a message like "rFactor has encountered a problem and needs to close" when exiting rFactor? Eg click exit, confirm and then yeah that mesage sometimes comes up. Would this affect the tyre checking sending data?

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:16 pm

I get it in the middle of a session sometimes. Not good in a race. It has something to do with a file named ntdll.dll

I turn off my anti virus and firewall and anything else in the task bar. That seems to help. Most web sites say I need to reinstall rFactor or Windows to take care of it. I'm going to build a WIn 7 PC and start over and leave Win XP after all these years.

SweetApex

Post by SweetApex » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Good race guys, well done all and to Diz, Stuff and Costa on the top 3.
Really need to fix my comp and upgrade can't wait to get these problems sorted. Can't press look behind without losing a tenth of a second due to a freeze, can't enable mirrors cause the frames drop by 25% and can't even freakin have a car up my ass or right in front without frame lagging like hell. So so so so so very frustrating ahh! But anyway all good fun in the end and well done all for the race!

Please bear with me but need some quick walkthrough with submitting the tyre files

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:58 pm

SweetApex wrote:Good race guys, well done all and to Diz, Stuff and Costa on the top 3.
Really need to fix my comp and upgrade can't wait to get these problems sorted. Can't press look behind without losing a tenth of a second due to a freeze, can't enable mirrors cause the frames drop by 25% and can't even freakin have a car up my ass or right in front without frame lagging like hell. So so so so so very frustrating ahh! But anyway all good fun in the end and well done all for the race!

Please bear with me but need some quick walkthrough with submitting the tyre files

There should be 3 files that were made. They look like this (this is my warmup file name) Suzuka International Racing Course-eb9f-2013_10_11_18_27_46-Warm.fbf

Mine are in rfactor/userdata/log/FiHS Not sure were you're will be if you didn't tell the plugin to send it there. There should be a FiHSPlugin.cfg file in the root directory of Rfactor. In there it will tell you were they are being saved.

If you can't find it then maybe search your computer for .fbf files. You need to send RACE and QUAL files onl to John. I'll message you that address
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Crap race for me. My HUD went out during warmup and never came back. Race start just as lights were coming on I couldn't remember if I put it in first, I glanced over and by the time I looked back up the field was moving. Couple guys got by me. Lap 1 coming out of the 130R I went wide and spun on the curbing. I tried to get back on track instead of just running wide. Ended up spinning and hitting wall taking off front wing and damaging LF suspension. It was difficult to enter T1 after that, I had to slow down to not run wide there. Just put my head down and drove as fast as I could and managed to get Juice on the last pit stop for 5th. I guess I can't complain when a bad race get's me 5th place. I really had high hopes for this race. My first FiHS win came here last year. On to the next.
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

SweetApex

Post by SweetApex » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Higpup wrote:
SweetApex wrote:Good race guys, well done all and to Diz, Stuff and Costa on the top 3.

There should be 3 files that were made. They look like this (this is my warmup file name) Suzuka International Racing Course-eb9f-2013_10_11_18_27_46-Warm.fbf

Mine are in rfactor/userdata/log/FiHS Not sure were you're will be if you didn't tell the plugin to send it there. There should be a FiHSPlugin.cfg file in the root directory of Rfactor. In there it will tell you were they are being saved.

If you can't find it then maybe search your computer for .fbf files. You need to send RACE and QUAL files onl to John. I'll message you that address
Thanks for that found them!

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:17 pm

I spent some time working on a setup for this track. My " base setup " didn't work well and I had to go much softer on the ARBs and higher on the wings. I ended up with a setup I felt was competitive. ON lap one, I saw Sean off in the dust, but I hoped it was someone else. On lap two, I let a car push me too much and worried too much about the green car in my mirrors and over drove two corners. I ended up with a missing front wing and bend A-arm. I came out 2 laps down, but the car felt fine. I was going to try and push hard, but in control and hope for the best. Then rFactor crashed on me again ! Since I like this track, and felt I had a good car, this time seeing the error screen really hurt worse than the others. I just think I've lost any chance to catch my driver competition, this year and giving away points to the other teams is really getting me down.

I'm doing everything I can between now and the next race to clean this up. I just downloaded a fresh copy of rFactor and installed in a black folder. I'm going to get our mod installed one file at a time, if I need to .

Dizzo

Post by Dizzo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 pm

I got stuttering during warmup and qualifying.... could that be due to the tyre checking plugin only runs in those sessions? I'll have to run thos sessions again and see.

Had a blown tyre before first pitstop and hit the wall, repaired all the damage, car still seeemd to have its normal top speed, but I'm not 100% sure if the damage affected car or not.

Anyway so got passed stuff but then lost the position through own mistake. Then sweet made mistake so got ahead few laps to go.

I've attached the setup I used. Not saying its perfect but anyway. I used 299 degree of rotation on steering wheel if that helps with the car setup steering lock as is.

Just realised can't attach I'll upload it somewhere

Dizzo

Post by Dizzo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 am

Setup

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmybvk

I was using 299 degrees of rotation on my steering wheel.

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 am

Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion