2013 ROUND 16 INDIA Pre/Post Race

The place where your 2013 successes and failures go to hide

Moderators: Pace Racing, Higpup, Koolbrown, JoshJ81

Higpup

Re: 2013 ROUND 16 INDIA Pre/Post Race

Post by Higpup » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

stuff wrote:Family wedding this weekend and I just got reminded the rehearsal dinner is Friday night, so I'm going to miss this one :(.
You could probably miss the next 3 and still be in the lead. ::):
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:00 am

Qual: Went for a ride when I hit a curb too hard.

Race: Followed Otto, who followed Jeff for the first few laps. Otto made his move and got by Jeff at the same time. I then went too wide into the long right hand turn and spun on the out side curb. No damage and just a quick 360 and back to fighting behind Jeff. Jeff sure can make that car wide. I knew I was faster, because I ran a 132.8 behind Jeff after I spun catching up, and once I caught up we were doing 134.5's. I tried to hound him, but didn't want to make a stupid risky move and crash. So I just sat behind him and gave a look here and there to try and get him to make a mistake, meanwhile, Otto was driving off in the distance. Otto had about a 20 second lead on me when Jeff went into the pits around lap 15. I gave it all I had to make up time because I had to go in the next lap. Came out of the pits and was in front of Jeff by 2 seconds. I had a 15 second lead on Jeff after about 6 laps but was not gaining much on Otto. Only fractions of seconds hear and there over the laps. I tried my best to run some fast laps to maybe get Otto to respond and make a mistake, but it didn't happen.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Since so few went out in qual, I was starting THIRD on the grid. All thoughts of being in the wrong place were removed as 2 or 3 guys got by me at T1. Sheesh.

I just tried to concentrate on doing consistent laps, which is normally my issue. While I did better, I still had lapses where I would over drive, go off track in my attempts to hurry through a section and loose all sorts of time. I had only one real unforced error, when I looped it, coming out of the hairpin, but was OK for the rest of the race. I think I got a 1:32 during the race, which was good for me. The BIG deal was my computer did NOT crash at any point ! Hurray !

Otto Acosta

Post by Otto Acosta » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:29 pm

I have to admit I really don't like this place, but at the same time it is very gratifying to get a good lap since it is so hard to do.

Came in with limited practice and no tire data at all (what else is new for a McLaren team that cannot afford a teammate for me or a tire test session) :D

Q: Sat out to save tires.

Race: Got a very nice start, I think Shawn went by at T1 or T3 or 4, can't remember. Just tried to stay closed to Jeff up-front and wait for the field the stretch out a bit and tried to settle into a good rhythm. Jeff went wide at T3 and it them became a drag race for the entire long straight, was able to get the inside and was through in to the lead and was now hoping that Jeff and Shawn will start battling and lose time so I can build a lead and that's just what happened. By the end of the first stint I had a 20 sec lead and was just a matter of bringing her home in one piece from there but Shawn was fast so I was not able to relaxed too much. Just like all good racers, they play with your head even when you cannot see them but we were able to keep the car in the black stuff and came home with the goods.

Good race to everyone, now on to an even more malign, God-forsaken place at Abu dhabi. Hope I can make it, not so sure. Back-to-backs are tough.
"To finish first, you first have to finish" - Mario Andretti