Post by Higpup » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:31 am

United States Grand Prix

Qualifying Starts at 9pm ET (6pm PT)

Race Date: 11/15/13
Circuit Name: Circuit of The America
Number of Laps: 42
Circuit Length: 5.513 km
Race Distance: 231.546 km

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE RED TIRES INSTALLED (STANDARD TIRES in your car options)

US GP Track Download

Another link on my site because FiHS site was really slow tonight Mirror USGP Track Download

RACE RESULTS-ROUND 18 US GP

Jeff Oppenheim

Re: 2013 ROUND 18 United Sates GP Pre/Post Race

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm

to load the track, rfactor seems to want a file, XFINISH.GMT, which isn't present in the download or anywhere in my rfactor folder.

Anyone else hitting a snag?

Thx,
Jeff O
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just...waiting."
Michael Delaney, "Le Mans"

Jeff Oppenheim

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

It's working fine now.

Thx.
"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just...waiting."

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Jeff Oppenheim wrote:It's working fine now.

Thx.
what fixed it? Just in case others run into same problem.
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion

Jeff Oppenheim

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm not sure.

I think the data included in our download from the last Austin download in February needs to be part of the install. The current download has .MAS files but no Usa_12RFE folder like the Feb download has.

After various unsuccessful attempts, I unzipped the Feb version ( AustinV2.zip in my downloads folder ) into the locations folder.
Then unzipped the current download ( Austin.zip ) into the locations folder and said "yes" for any overwrites it wanted to do.
Restarted rfactor and, again, it wouldn't load the track.

I quit for the time being and shut down the computer.

Later when I came back and started the computer I decided to try again, attempted to connect to the server, and now it worked.
??

Josf

Post by Josf » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm confused about last race. My extensive practice worked out to be 17 laps on the first set of tires (primes), but during the race my right front was gone and the suspension was dragging on lap 12, and I was keeping pace with the Red Bull. Also the Web Page said 45 laps, so I had 45 laps of fuel, but the race appeared to end much sooner, and my "laps down" appeared not to be accounting for the discrepancy.

Placing the last race in the past, and next race ahead, calculating the actual laps required myself (not learning for past mistakes) I find the number of laps required in Texas to be 42 Laps.

Points are closing like a vise.

128 for me in my Sauber and 114 for Captain Slow in the Red Bull.

Otto can easily gain pints relative to me, if he can make the next 2 races, and his appearance certainly upsets the front runners.

Juice is a wild card, having the speed to gain points, not having the consistency to gain a lot of points during the season but I see a need to look at that potential, and report it "just because" it sounds like a good idea at this time.

128 for me and Juice at 105 in the Ferrari (a bright Red car) which adds up to a difference of 23 points. If I am out of the points (which can easily happen if the crowd of new and fast guys return in the next 2 races), then Juice can place 4th twice and gain 12 points each for 24 points and I am down another place. That scenario is entirely possible and there isn't really anything I can reasonable do about it.

Reasonably there is only a race between myself and Captain Slow (am I Private Slower?) whereby there is something I can do to ensure that I end the Season ahead of my closest Rival.

128 for me in my Sauber and 114 for Captain Slow in the Red Bull.

That is a difference of 14 points which is a 6th (8 points) and a 7th (6 points) place result of the last 2 races equaling that 14 points, and if I do nothing there is a tie that is broken by some other ruling, such as who has more of the highest finishes. I have 2 3rd place finishes (amazingly) and therefore it looks like I can break a tie in total points.

How about possibilities whereby I finish 2 places behind the Red Bull each race and we are both in the mid range of points?

2 races for Red Bull with 5th places and I get 7th places or 10s and 8s, which is 20 and 16 and only 4 points gained on my 14 point lead; but failure to finish one race is 20 points for Red Bull and only 8 points for me, but that is only a 12 point gain for John/Captain Slow/Red Bull, and I win.

The obvious from the start of the season remains obvious: I have to finish races. I can't have loaded not enough fuel, too much fuel is not that much of a problem, and brakes must last.

Texas is a new track for everyone, and therefore it may be by that measure my best chance to maintain a points advantage; while Brazil has been problematic with my lap times being much slower than anyone else.

Any way I look at it the 2 next races are going to be competitive for my experience. I really have to step up and at least maintain a consistent performance.

It has been a good experience, and it looks like the best is still to be experienced.

Thanks

Juice

Post by Juice » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm

This download is incomplete. I got a total of 3 files in it only in an "Austin" folder: 3 .mas files 'Usa_12RFE, 'Usa_12FESky, 'Usa_12FET" Had to get "austinv2"
but won't load. "error loading mesh file XFINISH.GMT" :(

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 pm

hmmm let me check it out
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Juice wrote:This download is incomplete. I got a total of 3 files in it only in an "Austin" folder: 3 .mas files 'Usa_12RFE, 'Usa_12FESky, 'Usa_12FET" Had to get "austinv2"
but won't load. "error loading mesh file XFINISH.GMT" :(

The link should be fixed now. I don't know why but when I zipped it up it didn't zip everything the first time. I added a link to my site for the track as well. I was half done downloading from FiHS site and I uploaded, and downloaded from my site and still not done on FiHS. SEE FIRST POST IN THREAD
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

Juice

Post by Juice » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 am

Thanks! Working now :D

Higpup

Post by Higpup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I see from the results that Jeff won. Congrats on your first FiHS win!!! That's all I have to say about that race. ::):

RACE RESULTS-ROUND 18 US GP
Sean Higgins

2015 FiHS Champion

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 pm

This track took a lot more laps to get a feel for. There wasn't a single lap that I got it right. My worst mistakes were braking too late, when I was trying to catch Josf and spinning in the corner. Of course, that let hm get even farther ahead, which was exactly what I didn't want to happen. I think I had more speed in the first two stints , on the harder tires, but we were to even on the last tun with the option tires. I think I looped it 5 times during the race. To add insult to injury, I think those spins cost me a little bit of tire wear. It all added up and I blew my right front on the last lap.

Josf

Post by Josf » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:25 pm

I thought that I had to finish ahead of John in this race because I don't think I'll have any chance of finishing the last race ahead of John, so this race was my opportunity.

Amazingly the start was in my favor with the car in front getting of the line quickly so that I could also get off the line quickly instead of being forced to back off, and that put me into turn 1 ahead of John.

No mistakes I can remember for me, and towards the end I thought I could save brakes and coast to the finish but John was gaining fast, and then at the end there was no more pressure from John.

That is fun because the challenge of having a points race at this point in the Championship is very distracting during the race. Man that was fun, probably one of my most challenging races this season.

Having added 2 points to widen the gap from 14 to 16 points nearly seals the deal between John in the Red Bull and me in the Sauber for this Championship because he must now finish in 3rd place for 15 points to win and only if I do not finish. Of course if he were to finish in first place then I would have to make up 10 points, (25 - 16 = 9) and that would be a 5th place needed if John finishes 1st in the last race. I still need to finish but I don't have to finish right behind John at this point, and of course the pressure is on John who has nothing to lose.

If Otto makes the race then he can still push me out of 4th, and although 4th is not on the podium, the challenge is still working in my thinking. If Otto finishes 1st then I need more than a 5th place to keep the position. Of Otto is able to race then the chances of me finishing in 4th are less likely; especially at Brazil.

Jeff Oppenheim

Post by Jeff Oppenheim » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 am

It's great to finally get a win and I'll take it, but I'd just as soon have seen Sean get to stay in the race and battle with Stuff and J Kim. ( for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, of course! Heh heh, RIGHT! )

Josf

Post by Josf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Jeff,

2 wins back to back?