Wins: 14
Podiums: 48
Poles: 17

2x Winner Monaco 2010, 2012
Josf

Re: Round 10: German GP (Hockenhiem)

Post by Josf »

Thanks!

I can get started with the FUN of figuring out how to get faster each lap until I reach some sense of confidence and then race against other real people with a connection that may actually work the whole race without freezing and sending me off into the wall.

HochenhEimring is a very good track (which one isn't).
JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 »

Our race back in 2010 was a great one. RS had the car to beat but a SC period came out early and screwed up everyone's pit strategy. Luckily, I was able to stay ahead of the strategy and ended up on the right tires at the right time and made them last long enough to win over a hard charging Ferrari. Hockenhiem is an old fashion good time.
FIHS F1 Career Stats
Updated through 2013 Round 1 at Melbourne
Starts: 108

Higpup

Post by Higpup »

Anyone know what happened to Racer?
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion
JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW »

Nope. No response to e-mails , PMs, or MS Messenger.
Alaster

Post by Alaster »

Server down or something? Can't see it on matchmaker. Maybe I can get the IP address for direct connect?
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!
JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW »

Yep. The race host had stopped it for some reason. I restarted it.
Alaster

Post by Alaster »

working now, but it says 51 laps race distance, thanks Cap
YOU MUST CONQUER THE WILD COUNTRY TO WIN THE RACE FOREVER!
Sebastian Scott

Post by Sebastian Scott »

Have a good race lads... I can't make it tonight as I have an early flight out of the country.

See you in a week!
The unofficial after midnight driving champion
JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 »

I see there was a typo on the race info for this race. The real race is 67 laps, so our 75% distance will be 51 laps. The 39 laps is a typo from when I copy/pasted the previous race's info thread and forgot to change it.

Sorry about that, happens when you are super busy in RL :P
FIHS F1 Career Stats

Higpup

Post by Higpup »

Josf,
Get back in server. You can up your fuel before race. Fuel is not locked. We are starting soon
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion
Tim202

2012 Round 9: German GP POST RACE

Post by Tim202 »

Race Report

Well, had a great car and was running in first place for the first time since I can remember. Out early :cry: :cry:

On a side note, I think we should stop assuming people run their hud the same as "I" do. I had no idea about any timer other than the one that counts down to zero on my left side, then the lights go. I heard this timer was in the lap sector screen. I guess I must be the only one, but I couldn't give a rats butt less about my sector times during the race. My hud is always on either my tire status or live timing on the cars infront and behind me. So just to reiterate, please do not assume everyone runs their race the same way you do. Oh and someone can shove the "we all know about the timer" and "don't act new" lines where it don't shine.
My sponsor is "Beaver Dam Maxi Pads"
JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Re: 2012 Round 9: German GP POST RACE

Post by JohnW »

Tim,

I understand. Not everyone uses the same screens and we should not assume "common knowledge". As acting president. I should have known the lights were off synch at this track and let everyone know to use the proper HUD screen. Things would have gone better. I'll make sure I do practice starts at the tracks, from now on.

I also want to apologize for driving like a klutz and spinning in front of the leaders and taking you out. I was going to pit on that lap and thought I had time to get to pit lane, but I got caught in a bad spot and was thinking more about how to get off the line than driving the corners. I'll be awarding myself a serious penalty for it. After all my lectures about proper passing, I can't believe I screwed up that badly.

I also want to apologize for the delay at getting the grid set at the start. There is a text file that I can edit, from the previous session and run a command and it sets the grid. I moved J Kim down the grid for a penalty, but when Josf left, prior to the start, I couldn't run the file because the car count was off. When we cycled through the sessions, it over wrote my file with the new Q session , which was not correct. I had to manually recreate the grid on the text file and run the command. I'll make sure I have a copy saved when ever I have to change the grid in the future.

Not my finest hour.
stuff

Post by stuff »

I'm in the same boat as Tim, I had no idea the lights could even be out of sync. I don't recall it ever happening since I started racing in FIHS, even when we ran this circuit a couple years ago(a different version of the track I assume).

For the race, it was going better than expected, I was running second and I knew Josh was faster but I felt I could match the pace of the rest of the front runners so it sucked when I got caught up in John and Tim's incident, oh well Sh!te happens. After that I was late putting on the pit limiter when I stopped for repairs, so I got to make a penalty stop in addition to the extra stops for my bent car that was now eating it's front left tire because of the damage. On the bright side I had a fun little scrap with Jeff on the last couple laps as our ill-handling cars twitched and lurched their way through the corners.
JoshJ81
F1 Series Race Director

Post by JoshJ81 »

Tim, living timing was what we were talking about and explained before we did that last restart. I have repeatedly said for many years, do not go off the lights on the track ever. Always go off your living timing from your HUD (shows best laps, intervals and current lap time), when all times on that portion of the HUD start to count then the race has officially started. If you do not use that, that is not something I can control because I do not build tracks and do not have control over if rFactor uses the lights correctly.

On another note, everyone in the race was completely baffled by Josf leaving because of the lap distance misunderstanding. I hope you didn't leave because you felt the car was in Parc Ferme? Because Parc rules of the last 3 years does not lock the fuel from Q. You could have added fuel before joining the race. As well, read my post in the other German GP thread about the typo I made. The server will always be correct so plan for that. Plus, we run 75% race distance of the real schedule, if you felt something was wrong you could have done the math to check for sure. This goes for anyone. Now, if you felt you could not race 51 laps by feeling you was not ready for the extra laps, that is on you, everyone did just fine after the announcement. The cars do not change so much that its such a complete unknown and will be unraceable. I know you put in a ton laps for practice and you looked pretty just before the race. So I don't understand why running an extra set of laps was such a big of a deal even if you have a tire strategy set in place, just adjust your driving styles. So, if that is the case I don't see what the big deal was, however, I do apologize for the miscommunication on my part.

Sean, great race! I was had to measure you on every lap and you kept my attention the whole time. Bad luck on those spins, otherwise you drove brilliantly. Clean up the consistency some and I see you getting a win very soon.
FIHS F1 Career Stats