2023 -Race1 Bahrain

koolbrown

Re: 2023 -Race1 Bahrain

Post by koolbrown »

I guess I am just still hung up on the lifetime subscription that i bought that included lifetime DLC content. Impractical as it may be its what they sold it as.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I didn't know the lifetime, which I bought as well, included DLC.
koolbrown

Post by koolbrown »

It absolutely did under ISI, and for awhile under 397. Eventually they realized if they wanted to keep funding development they needed money to come in so they re-wrote the terms and started first with premium content before moving to the current model.

Originally it was meant to differentiate themselves from Iracing where you had to pay for the program and the content.
koolbrown

Post by koolbrown »

Couple things looking for help before Round 1 on, posting them here hopeful that someone might be able to assist.

1 - REDBULL HALO - Seems that Redbull is the only model that you cant remove the halo bar in the middle. Is this a glitch or has JW actually gotten so petty that this is his way of implementing an in game penalty to Redbull for exceeding the cost cap last season? If there is a way to override this in the the setting somewhere that would be ideal.

2 - Anyone else race with a Fanatec wheel? I bought the DD F1 wheel last year and I am having an awful time getting it to work correctly with rfactor. It oscilates absolutely uncontrolably down the straights I imagine almost like I running with a flat tire. I can reduce it if I nerf the settings and move the FF down to below 25% but i feel like there has to be some other way to keep the FF effect while eliminating the wildly crazy oscilation that takes place.

I'll keep searching online but if anyone has some tips that would be hugely appreciated.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Mr Brown,

I think Janos for one, drives with that brand. Try posting in the SRH Discord channel.

Weird that the RB has this issue. Check with Janos, as he did the skin install.
koolbrown

Post by koolbrown »

what is the password?
rtoolooze

Post by rtoolooze »

So, was busy this weekend and really didn't think about checking the website since we weren't racing Monday. By the time I was checking up on how team selection was playing out, I realized I had just missed the race. Sucks missing the opening round, but definitely looking forward to round 2. Just an unfortunate deal. My teammate koolbrown also missed so Red Bull is already on the back foot. On a positive note, the RB19 is so dominant this year, we can spot you all a race and still be ok. 😉