The Library

This is the place to go to find out what to read, what to buy, and product reviews.

Moderator: Koolbrown

JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

The Library

Post by JohnW »

I have found a few books that I like for both driving technique and just learning about race car suspension.

"Going Faster ! Mastering the Art of Race Driving"
From the Skip Barber Racing School.

A very detailed book about driving and finding that time that you just can't get on your laps. It covers a lot of stuff, including a bit on reading telemetry.

"Speed Secrets, Professional Race Driving Techniques"
By Ross Bentley

This was the first book I purchased, on the topic. Not quite as detailed as the Going Faster book, but quite good. Call this one the intro, and the previous one the more intermediate volume.

"Competition Car Suspension , Design, construction, tuning "
By Allan Staniforth

If you want to know how it all works, this is the book. It's a small hard cover book that covers simple and historic car design all the way up to some fairly modern stuff. It also talks about some of the original movers and shakers in car design. If you really had a car to tune, it even has the math to tell you how to do it. As a sim racer, you can gloss over that section. All those odd acronyms like CoM and CoR and unsprung mass, are covered in here.

"Motor Sport Photography"
by Tony Pleavin

As the title says, it's about getting working in racing photography. I like it because I'd like to take better shots while I am at the track. Some, I knew just from looking at photos in books and online. This book has details I didn't know and has good advice.

( Please add your own books to this list ! )
Higpup

Post by Higpup »

"Competition Car Suspension , Design, construction, tuning "
By Allan Staniforth

I have this book. :)
Sean Higgins
http://www.higpup.com

2020 FiHS Constructors Champion
2015 FiHS Champion
2012 FiHS Constructors Champion
budlitefan

Post by budlitefan »

I've done the Racing Adventures - Racing Schools, it was very professional.
JohnW
Jaded Figurehead

Post by JohnW »

If you need to take pictures of races, I recommend THIS:

<iframe></iframe>