2007 FiHS F1 German Grand Prix Race Reports

Reviews, interviews and buildup to coming events. Join Dave in the Wind Tunnel.

Moderators: Higpup, Koolbrown, mlp, Hynee

Pace Racing
Godfather

2007 FiHS F1 German Grand Prix Race Reports

Post by Pace Racing »

Replay

Race Report

Well, this had to be one of the most fun races I've run all year. I had pole position in Qual right up until Daniel Johnson's last lap. He got it on a brilliant lap - (I was watching). Turnout for this race was the lowest all year, but that didn't stop the battles. I was able to get around DJ at T1 and just tried to be smooth and consistent. 2-5th were all pretty close behind, but I was able to work my lead up to a couple of seconds over RacerScott in second. He pitted 1 lap after me in the first round of stops, and was able to exit the pits ahead of me. I had a pretty good stop, so he must have had an exceptional one. We resumed the race 2nd and 3rd behind Dizzo, who was 1 stopping. I knew that I had to make a move fast on RS if I was going to get him, since I had more heat in my tires. I made a ballsy pass at T1, and he slowed, using discretion as the better part of valor. I was now in 2nd, and closing on Dizzo, but in the end it wasn't enough. Dizzo pitted and came out about 8 seconds ahead of me. Good job Dizz. Towards the end, I realized I couldn't get him, so I backed down the revs and my pace, only to have RS catch me up much faster than I though! We battled tooth and nail for the last 6 laps or so. It was totally awesome. I had to turn the revs back up and really fight to keep him behind me. Awesome, close and clean racing. Well done RS. So I finished our last race o0f 2007 in second, sealing second in the championship. Too bad for Marco, I was really looking forward to battling him on track. He would have started right behind me.

I can't wait for 2008!

Congrats to everyone who participated in this years championship. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!
DJF1GP

Post by DJF1GP »

to finally get the pole position was fantastic, so happy to get that checked off the list. :D didnt think i had enough to get pace, but my fastest lap all weekend in qualifying is all i can ask from myself.

race started good hung on to 2nd and 3rd for a long while, had my mandatory spin but was still third. first and second stint went really well with the tires, but third stint tires went away much quicker from a great battle with scott, we touch probably more than once but he got the better of me. my tires we completely gone and i spun a couple more times just trying to bring it home and allowed pete to catch me. i knew i had to hold him off to get 8th in the championship so did all i could. he dove down the inside in sector 2 a bit optimistic and sent me flying for 3 flips :). of course no damage as the mclaren is built like a tank so was able to continue and finish 4th.

as for this year as a whole what can i say guys its been great. i managed a couple 2nd place finishes and i think thats the best i could hope for this year. it is incredibly hard to compete at the front. i never expected how much time and effort it takes to be ready every week if you really want to fight for podium positions. really hate i had a few pc screwups and had to miss some races or i could have finished higher. i feel i improved greatly towards the end of the year as my concentration improved. i hope next year i can take the next step and get a victory (hopefully in a mclaren 8) ) . hate to see the season end but cant wait till next year, a night race in singapore should be quite interesting. :wink:
2008 Formula BMW Series Champion